ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Equal opportunities?
-
Jimrobbo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
- Gender: Male
Equal opportunities?
Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Equal opportunities?
Jimrobbo wrote:Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?
Yes. Don't know of anyone being employed who has autism, but there are members on here who suffer from Asperger syndrome, I know of a postie who is profoundly deaf, and we had a postie who had only 1 arm, so I would say thats a definite - Yes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jimrobbo
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers.

-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Equal opportunities?
There are members on here who suffer from lots of syndromesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Jimrobbo wrote:Does anyone know if RM employ people with disabilities, such as autism?
Yes. Don't know of anyone being employed who has autism, but there are members on here who suffer from Asperger syndrome, I know of a postie who is profoundly deaf, and we had a postie who had only 1 arm, so I would say thats a definite - Yes.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
They're the same thing! They are on the spectrum. Ideal job really, little variance , same streets day after day,just what you need,stability.Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers.![]()
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Never worked as a floater then?rubberbond wrote:same streets day after day,just what you need,stability.Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers.![]()
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
what I was going to say. reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holdersMr_Pink wrote:Never worked as a floater then?rubberbond wrote:same streets day after day,just what you need,stability.Jimrobbo wrote:Thanks for your reply, I actually meant aspergers.![]()
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
We were all reserves once you knowmiles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Yes, in fact I'd say that positive discrimination applies at RM given that Asperger's is a pre-requisite for management positions.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Bahia Feliz wrote:We were all reserves once you knowmiles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Who's lying? Not memiles_peters wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:We were all reserves once you knowmiles_peters wrote:reserves/floaters get treated like they are complete crap, compared to duty holders
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Equal opportunities?
Equality???
I would call it double standards. If you are employed into RM as disabled that's OK but if you become disabled whilst working for them I would say they certainly aren't.
I would call it double standards. If you are employed into RM as disabled that's OK but if you become disabled whilst working for them I would say they certainly aren't.