I had to call in sick on Friday due to severe back and knee pain - couldn't handle the work load and know I needed to rest it. I am still in agony so will be calling the docs for an appointment in the morning. My only concern is my last day off was the middle of December and wondering if I am risking losing my job by having another day off, and possibly more time if I get a doctors note.
If someone could let me know the details of the stages I'd very much appreciate it, how long are the stages and will I lose my job?
Haven't had pain like this since starting the job and haven't been able to shift it with a couple of days rest like I usually can. Its gradually getting worse to the point it never goes!!
Attendance Review 1 Prompt 4 absences or 14 days in a 12 month period
Attendance Review 2 Prompt 2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months following an attendance review 1 formal notification
Consideration of dismissal prompt 2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months following an attendance review 2 formal notification
so youre comfortably under even if you took the whole week off altho you do need the doctors note for 7 days or more (i think) otherwise its self cert. hope this helps
I can't work out if I am on a stage 2 already or not. The day I had off in December I thought I was put on a stage 2 as I had a day off earlier in the year (and they did inform me the previous year I had had 4 days off so this was my stage 1) but I'm not sure I was informed via post or and didn't have an interview to inform me of being on a stage 2, are they allowed to put me on a stage 2 without letting me know?
I am worried if I am advised to have more time off that I will be fired.
I can't work out if I am on a stage 2 already or not. The day I had off in December I thought I was put on a stage 2 as I had a day off earlier in the year (and they did inform me the previous year I had had 4 days off so this was my stage 1) but I'm not sure I was informed via post or and didn't have an interview to inform me of being on a stage 2, are they allowed to put me on a stage 2 without letting me know?
I am worried if I am advised to have more time off that I will be fired.
sorry but i think maybe you need to be more clear.
Since Feb 2014 how many days have you been off and how many times have you been off ? You dont get a stage warning for being off twice in a year as the rules above state.
If you had a stage 1 warning you should have had a meeting where they inform you of such.
The problem with the way RM do the sickness is that someone who takes off 4 seperate days off will get a stage warning where someone who takes off 13 days over 3 separate occasions doesnt.
Last edited by Postie45 on 15 Feb 2015, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
I have had off 5 days off since February 2014 before Friday, they have all been separate illnesses (usually pain from my knees and back which I use to rest)
I have have an interview for stage 1, but never a stage 2, but I thought after 4 days off you went on to stage 2 (so I assumed the day off in December I was put on a stage 2, even though I wasn't informed about it.)
Sorry - I hope this makes sense. I am not very good at explaining.
moose123 wrote:I have had off 5 days off since February 2014 before Friday, they have all been separate illnesses (usually pain from my knees and back which I use to rest)
I have have an interview for stage 1, but never a stage 2, but I thought after 4 days off you went on to stage 2 (so I assumed the day off in December I was put on a stage 2, even though I wasn't informed about it.)
Sorry - I hope this makes sense. I am not very good at explaining.
hmm if you were off 5 seperate times in a year, the 1st 4 would have triggered the stage 1, then the 5th would be the first of your allowed absences before getting a stage 2 warning. Now the friday absence will trigger the stage 2 warning, so you will get that if what you say is correct.
If youre 100% sure your records are correct then you will be down as 4 days in the stage 2 - the day in december plus friday, saturday and today. As you will already get the stage 2 warning you can stay off for a few more days but you need to tread carefully for 6 months after the stage 2 warning as youre running it very tight and more than 1 more abscence would trigger stage 3
If you are unsure what stages you are presently at then contact the HR department and ask for a copy of your absence record history to be sent to you they can't refuse.
Better still is that you keep a diary when you are off ill or when you attend for interview for these various stage prompts attached to the letter is your absence record that has resulted in the various stage warning being triggered then you should keep these and not throw them away and this will give you an idea what future absences if any will commence further stage warnings.
I thought I read somewhere..that STAGES were going to be eradicted??? Maybe my fruitful imagination? And..that a Constructive Re-Hab/Return to work the way to go..
Perhaps I just dreamed it once.
Also, just wondering how a "RM YEAR" works...ie, 1st Jan to 31st Dec...1st April til 31st March, or ANY 365 day that seems to fit their current mood.