ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ill heath quetions
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
ill heath quetions
IF a full timer was to finish on ill health with his knees what would he get £ wise including his shares and how would it be paid lump sum or would his time off in sick be took into consideration then it be deducted , also who should he go to outside of the R/M for help in benefits and retraining for new job , does the job centre deal with all this or does he have to find a local dhss office any help would be great full ,I myself can't see R/M finding jobs for people struggling with ill health but should they be doing this for them thanks
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: ill heath quetions
IHR = 34 weeks pay plus up to 12 weeks pilon. The current value of the shares would be about £3,250.holly123 wrote:IF a full timer was to finish on ill health with his knees what would he get £ wise including his shares and how would it be paid lump sum
Not as far as i know.would his time off in sick be took into consideration then it be deducted
The local CAB could help with benefits or try this:who should he go to outside of the R/M for help in benefits and retraining for new job , does the job centre deal with all this or does he have to find a local dhss office any help would be great full
http://www.entitledto.co.uk/
or this:
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... r-disabled
As for a new job, just the normal places: job centre, papers, websites, word of mouth, etc.
I don't really see why they should to be honest.I myself can't see R/M finding jobs for people struggling with ill health but should they be doing this for them thanks
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: ill heath quetions
cheers
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: ill heath quetions
According to what Ive read in the New Agreement, they "should" try to adapt your role, alter the procedure and/or offer another job with your or another facility.
But, obviously, if the illness/injury is not going to improve, then ANYTHING they offer would be waste of time, effort, money etc.
But, obviously, if the illness/injury is not going to improve, then ANYTHING they offer would be waste of time, effort, money etc.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: ill heath quetions
I was retired. My ATOS report said I was classed as disabled under the equalities act. I have now applied for PIP. And guess who decides? Yep ATOS.
I shall be taking my letter stating why I was retired from my job. If ATOS suddenly decide I am not disabled despite my injuries not improving then I shall hand all the information to my solicitor who will no doubt be asking some searching questions about ATOS.
I shall be taking my letter stating why I was retired from my job. If ATOS suddenly decide I am not disabled despite my injuries not improving then I shall hand all the information to my solicitor who will no doubt be asking some searching questions about ATOS.
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: ill heath quetions
Was assessed by NHS Dr, was told, and in writing, "You will be 15% Disabled for the rest of your life..."
Funny that the cut-off point for regular Disability payments is curtailed at 15%.
Funny that, EH????
Funny that the cut-off point for regular Disability payments is curtailed at 15%.
Funny that, EH????