ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

working time directive

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

working time directive

Post by feduppostie »

Anyone have an up to date copy of this??

Have searched online and got one from 1999 but need to know if there is another to superceed this
have looked in downloads

any help appreciated
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: working time directive

Post by spiderj »

Check HSE gov uk
:thumbup
Its still current

I'm using it in a grievance at the moment
I won
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: working time directive

Post by feduppostie »

thanks :thumbup
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: working time directive

Post by spiderj »

No worries,the whole legislation document is massive but the key points re breaks and hours etc are bulleted on that site.
I won
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: working time directive

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: working time directive

Post by spiderj »

Need a hats off emojii
:thumbup
I won
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: working time directive

Post by Martin Walsh »

Royal Mail and the CWU have a collective agreement on the Working Time Directive which gives the rest periods , the reference period and phasing of the maximum working hours. Your find that within the Way Forward Agreement.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: working time directive

Post by spiderj »

As above the agreement that usually hits us most is the five hour shift....breaks..

Although law trumps agreements its hard to fight your case in this company as some management have their own interpretation as to what applies.
I won