ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sent out to other offices

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
knoxycube
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 21:25
Gender: Male

Sent out to other offices

Post by knoxycube »

Is their a procedure that management have to follow to send people out or can they send whoever they want?
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by Shaders »

Theyll only send the quiet ones who dont kick up a fuss, and leave the mouthy ones alone.

Thats how it works in my DO anyway.
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by iminavest »

I was led to believe it was down to seniority, although this was from a manager.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

knoxycube wrote:Is their a procedure that management have to follow to send people out or can they send whoever they want?
Theoretically they can send anyone they want if the can give an operational reason why.

However the Flexibility Agreement says.http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=12462
• Working in nearby offices – Areas will identify and agree with the CWU
locally a approach (which could include the use of volunteers and
reserves) to working in nearby offices within employees’ contracted
hours which will include travel times and appropriate travel and
subsistence arrangements
So ask to see the local version of the agreement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
knoxycube
Posts: 77
Joined: 31 Aug 2009, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by knoxycube »

We don't have a local agreement, our local rep just lets them send out whoever they want to send out including floaters.
I am 100 percent sure there is nothing in writing.
Our rep is on the sick and I am the reason why and thats why there sending me out everywhere and no one else
We have a round robin that I started and union can't call him to the meeting as he is on the sick.
Managers are bricking that there lapdog is getting removed and don't want him replaced.


Also for example the sheet for next week says I am off Saturday, how much notice do they need to give me to change it to Tuesday ?

I know there gonna try this as they have done it before with 24 hours notice and I have a feeling it's gonna happen Monday.
I reckon they will say it's operational needs.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by kirstyx »

We have had only one person loaned to different offices and it's through him that we have been told that my do has a awful reputation throughout the rest of our region. We have had 2 guys come across to our office to help but have been told that they were only sent to us as they were the people who lived closest to our do.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by POSTMAN »

knoxycube wrote:We don't have a local agreement, our local rep just lets them send out whoever they want to send out including floaters.
I am 100 percent sure there is nothing in writing.
Our rep is on the sick and I am the reason why and thats why there sending me out everywhere and no one else
We have a round robin that I started and union can't call him to the meeting as he is on the sick.
Managers are bricking that there lapdog is getting removed and don't want him replaced.


Also for example the sheet for next week says I am off Saturday, how much notice do they need to give me to change it to Tuesday ?

I know there gonna try this as they have done it before with 24 hours notice and I have a feeling it's gonna happen Monday.
I reckon they will say it's operational needs.
24 hrs is way too short and should never have happened,a lot of peeps when their day off goes on the board plan stuff.

I'm still flumuxed with how so many offices are being screwed over.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Sent out to other offices

Post by OnAFlyer »

We regularly get staff sent to other offices. They didn't like it at first, but now it tends to be the same offices they'd rather go there than stay at ours. It's only then you kind of realise that every area our DO delivers to is a shithole and maybe these guys are actually enjoying going somewhere decent :chuckle

Plus it's all within duty time, start and finish at our DO :nana