ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Its after 4am I have got norovirus
-
twisted_racer
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 23:42
- Gender: Female
Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)
Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?
TIA
Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?
TIA
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES
If you work at Railway Terrace the number is 020 3451 2688. In our office we all have the line managers mobile number. They sometimes contact us at shorty notice to do overtime, so it pays to have the number
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES
Strothers lane is 01463 256211
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Why didn't you call in sick or inform them when you went to the doctors?
-
cazspence
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
- Gender: Female
- Location: Aberdeen
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
That's why I also posted further up about having the line managers mobile number. A text message would help to sort the situation out.cazspence wrote:The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
dont think he's got a mobile signal either
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Gender: Femaleglenfiddich wrote:dont think he's got a mobile signal either
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
that isnt actually trueDGP1 wrote:Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Mobile phones now have Internet, sim in a tablet, dongle on laptop, all provide Internet without a landline in sight, also if she is deaf landline might not be of a great deal of help anyway, unless it's a specially adapted one.DGP1 wrote:Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
Write them a lettertwisted_racer wrote:Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)
Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?
TIA
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
tonytucker wrote:Write them a lettertwisted_racer wrote:Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)
Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?
TIA
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
You can send text messages to landlines.cazspence wrote:The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus
You could also text a friend at work to let him/her inform the manager.