ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

Hello
From tomorrow begin my adventure with ROYAL MAIL as Postman with Driving.
Tomorrow I have induction i Peterborough.

Please tell me do you have any advice for me on the beginning. On my contract they write that ma initial workplace will be WOOTTON SPDO what that mean I cant find this office on google MAP :hmmmm
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

I only see the private home on this adress on street view :hmmmm
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

I see topic about new ones on the top.
Topic to close :)
meggie
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 21:15
Gender: Female

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by meggie »

jokerpc wrote:Hello
From tomorrow begin my adventure with ROYAL MAIL as Postman with Driving.
Tomorrow I have induction i Peterborough.

Please tell me do you have any advice for me on the beginning. On my contract they write that ma initial workplace will be WOOTTON SPDO what that mean I cant find this office on google MAP :hmmmm
I am thinking that should be ORTON because i dont think WOODSTON is there any longer but i may be wrong
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by kingeric »

Your feet will hurt at first and probably blister but stick with it. You'll get used to it and your feet will toughen up. But you always tend to see new starters limping a bit at first or complaining of sore feet.
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

kingeric wrote:Your feet will hurt at first and probably blister but stick with it. You'll get used to it and your feet will toughen up. But you always tend to see new starters limping a bit at first or complaining of sore feet.

Im prepared for that :Very Happy
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

But i see this Post for new one is very old so please write here :)

A have WOTTON MK43 9JT 46-48 Bedford Road
But in the e-mail they wrote to me to second day go to Ford End Office in Bedford on 7 AM
meggie
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 21:15
Gender: Female

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by meggie »

Cant understand how your induction is at Peterborough and your place of work is Bedford?
Where actually are you?
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by dblad »

Its a small villiage the other side of Bedford
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by Jpro747 »

Are we doing the caveman thing again? :chuckle
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

I'm living in Bedford but induction I have in peterborough tomorrow for me very strange :shock:
Yes and they write in my contract about this village.
That will be my initial place of work.
Caveman work very funny :dance maybe I will need some rope too climb :nana
meggie
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Jan 2012, 21:15
Gender: Female

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by meggie »

Good Luck in your new job joker hope you get everything sorted(pun not intended lol)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

What's the full address they've given you for your initial place of work - that may help us narrow it down.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
jokerpc
Posts: 9
Joined: 21 Jan 2015, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by jokerpc »

They wrote

Wootton SPDO 46-48 Bedford Road WOOTTON MK43 9 JT
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: NEW IN ROYAL MAIL

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Looking on Google Maps there is a Sub Post Office further up the street from where the Post Code and Google Maps place you. A lot of SPDOs are in the back of these Post Office so I would guess its there. - Its also the Cost Cutter stores. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.09694 ... fFdoYw!2e0
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.