ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you worth more gone?
-
hammers67
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Feb 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Are you worth more gone?
Just a question? if you leave on your own accord or get dismissed where do your shares go as you don't take them with you. Call me silly but I get the impression that there might be a financial incentive to out staff with shares, I know if you dont do anything wrong you,ve got no worries but do you not feel you have a bigger target on your back now than before, especially FT. Gone are the days of a slap on the wrist for a genuine mistake, If the powers above think they can get you out for whatever reason I believe they will Try. More than ever before. I HOPE I AM WRONG
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Are you worth more gone?
I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was about the Death Benefit
the generosity of which my wife is thankfully unaware
otherwise maybe something in my coffee

-
hammers67
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Feb 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you worth more gone?
Maybe I went on a little bit and stated the obvious but where do your shares go if you leave, and who benefits?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you worth more gone?
Back to Royal Mail and all tax liabilities disbursed.hammers67 wrote:Maybe I went on a little bit and stated the obvious but where do your shares go if you leave, and who benefits?
-
hammers67
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Feb 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you worth more gone?
So the company get there money back plus down one FT perm employee. question answered , as I said are you worth more gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Are you worth more gone?
Sounds like this "scenario" could be construed as Unfair or Costructive Dismissal?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you worth more gone?
Don't make the mistake of including shares in your assumptions or reckonings. Unlike cutting hours cheaply whether you take the shares with IHR/VR/IR or don't get them at all has no bearing on the DIM's bonus. Things like extra lapsing and cutting O/T or recruitment do. Yes, they love leavers as no pay-off necessary and DIMs or RM won't replace you and then the DIM will likely try and absorb your hours unless the workload-staff ratio is critical.hammers67 wrote:Just a question? if you leave on your own accord or get dismissed where do your shares go as you don't take them with you. Call me silly but I get the impression that there might be a financial incentive to out staff with shares, I know if you dont do anything wrong you,ve got no worries but do you not feel you have a bigger target on your back now than before, especially FT. Gone are the days of a slap on the wrist for a genuine mistake, If the powers above think they can get you out for whatever reason I believe they will Try. More than ever before. I HOPE I AM WRONG
'the powers that be will try and get you' is a bit too much of a generalization. It depends on what sort of manager(s) you have and their attitude to the OPGs. Luckily where I am they are generally OK and tend to just have quiet word about petty things, as opposed to invoking paperwork for the slightest thing like you suspect. I suppose if you had a manager quietly out to get you or cut jobs on the cheap then possibly you'd pick up that feeling of a 'target on your back' but that atmosphere does nobody good, least of all the managers.