1) are there any policies that a manager can follow that involves the practice of counting up my hours and the payment of overtime?
2) any documents that I can provide to my manager that would point out 1) pay the overtime the day it is worked 2) don't withold overtime 3) don't force people to work overtime then refuse to pay it until 39 hours in reached or something.
As it has been happening a little while now and I'm getting annoyed and I am not going to be working overtime from now on,
Example last week
Week 1) I went over Thursday, Friday and Saturday by an hour but because on Tuesday I was an hour early (I did the job correctly and it was just a very light (surprisingly) day, when I returned I did my d2d items for the rest of the week which brought me to I think 10 minutes before my duty end time. So I only got paid 2 hours out of the 3 hours that I worked.
Yesterday I was over by an hour and I said as long as I get paid my hours I'll go over - so okay we agreed an hour fine.
This morning I went and told them that because of commitments outside of work (picking up my daughter) I would need to be finished on my time and that Wednesday (2.30) Thursday (2.45) Friday (3.00) I would not be available to work any overtime at all. Okay that is fine let us know on the day. (Why say this? I've just informed you, but okay I'll inform you each day)
Today I went over by two hours (not all Tuesday are light) and didn't have time to prep my d2d for tomorrow so I'll try and squeeze the folding before going out on the duty.
When I got back I told the other manager who was still there I wanted my two hours put down and was told no, until you work 39 hours you don't get any overtime, I said no that can't be right I worked TWO HOURS TODAY OVER MY TIME AND ONE HOUR YESTERDAY I DESERVE TO BE PAID THE OVERTIME, but no - simply told that it is up to me to make sure that I work 39 hours then any hours over that they'll pay so at the end of the week it is up to me to check if I have done over 39 hours (not them, they don't have time to check our times?? they said)
So tomorrow I will be informing them I cannot work any overtime any longer and that any time I am back early that it is up to them to give me more work (I do not mind working to my time I will work the hours I am paid for, - IF THEY PAID ME OVERTIME PROPERLY THEN I WOULD WORK IT!)
So any documents available that state that managers can keep/collect my hours and do as they please? In previous jobs if Monday I worked 2 hours past my time I was paid 2 hours extra) not sure why Royal Mail (maybe just my manager) think it is different unless it actually is but after digging out my contract and reading it I can't see any sign of it.
Any help at all would be appreciated! Sorry if this is jumbled up or makes no sense I'm quite annoyed and can't think straight either.