What the f**k is this all about?
I've just had a wee booklet through the door which mentions "marketing mail" three times in FIVE small paragraphs. They are targeting the "top 3000 advertisers". They claim 80% of people can remember advertising mail sent to them in the last 4 weeks.
The cynic in me says that this is a move to launch unlimited households. If it is an attempt to capture more contracts for addressed mail then that's great, so long as we have won the contracts from DSA as the margins are contraceptively small otherwise.
What do we think? A genuine initiative for once or a sop to us junkmailmen?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MAILMEN!
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
We already have unlimited door to doors
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: MAILMEN!
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... en#p683766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wotashitjob
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 16:28
- Gender: Female
Re: MAILMEN!
Sexist thats what it is
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
It's not even that clever, It's a lame ad agency americanism dreamt up by some spotty little graduate after too many episodes of Mad Men. Somebody needs to understand the difference between fiction and real life. The vast majority of Royal Mail staff would have seen that and thought....w*****s.wotashitjob wrote:Sexist thats what it is
Very few would have opened it, somebody needs to have a serious word with whoever is churning out this s**t.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
Utter BOLLOXS waste of paper
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
I opened it, I read it, then put it in the bin.
That's how it works, it gets in your head that way and you remember it. It also may keep a lot more of us in work in the future.
That's how it works, it gets in your head that way and you remember it. It also may keep a lot more of us in work in the future.
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: MAILMEN!
i skipped steps 1 and 2 and went straight to 3redneck wrote:I opened it, I read it, then put it in the bin.
That's how it works, it gets in your head that way and you remember it. It also may keep a lot more of us in work in the future.
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
Amazing how they spend money on all this propaganda/training by mail, but won't give us the national weekly standard 30mins work time listening and learning, that is incorporated into our 318s on a Tuesday.
I'd guess it saves my depot at least ~£500 in overtime payments every Tuesday, for at least 48 weeks of the year.
I'd guess it saves my depot at least ~£500 in overtime payments every Tuesday, for at least 48 weeks of the year.
-
Claudiasdad
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 20 Jul 2014, 18:50
- Gender: Male
Re: MAILMEN!
What a load of sh*te, the scum newspaper was endorsing it , says it all really

-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: MAILMEN!
Why they used a sexist title
Why they sent it to me
Large picture of man with beard looking geeky.
Why they sent it to me
Large picture of man with beard looking geeky.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........