ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

driving assessment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

driving assessment

Post by troubadour2012en »

good evening everyone!

DOM told me today that he put me on the list for a driving assessment. That is supposed to happen next week, and it will take about 3 hours.. Could anybody tell me what will they ask me to do/ know in the assessment day? Is it difficult? I mind, do I need to prepare myself like I do for an exam, or...? Many thanks!
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: driving assessment

Post by datasaint »

Don't speed.
Use mirrors before maneuvers.
Be aware of your surroundings when reversing.
Don't tailgate.
Don't brake too late.

You will pass with flying colours. It's basically as simple as that, the only purpose of the assessment is to ensure you are a safe driver.
troubadour2012en
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: driving assessment

Post by troubadour2012en »

thanks a lot, norm

yes, I usually do all these, when I drive my car. Hopefully everything will be all right:)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: driving assessment

Post by aiden01 »

troubadour2012en wrote:thanks a lot, norm

yes, I usually do all these, when I drive my car. Hopefully everything will be all right:)
good luck
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: driving assessment

Post by salomon »

Just done mine, took 4 hours!
Fill out forms and do driving licence check.
Watch presentation
Check over van and fill out log book
Drive for half hour, mirrors, speed, driving technique.
Stop in a car park to reverse into a bay.
The she drove doing a commentary
Swap again for a reverse around a corner.
Then I did a commentary drive for final half hour back to depot.
I was shattered, no break and straight after delivery!
Scored low risk so all ok, you can't fail but get rated on a points system.
Enjoy!