good evening everyone!
DOM told me today that he put me on the list for a driving assessment. That is supposed to happen next week, and it will take about 3 hours.. Could anybody tell me what will they ask me to do/ know in the assessment day? Is it difficult? I mind, do I need to prepare myself like I do for an exam, or...? Many thanks!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
driving assessment
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: driving assessment
Don't speed.
Use mirrors before maneuvers.
Be aware of your surroundings when reversing.
Don't tailgate.
Don't brake too late.
You will pass with flying colours. It's basically as simple as that, the only purpose of the assessment is to ensure you are a safe driver.
Use mirrors before maneuvers.
Be aware of your surroundings when reversing.
Don't tailgate.
Don't brake too late.
You will pass with flying colours. It's basically as simple as that, the only purpose of the assessment is to ensure you are a safe driver.
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
Re: driving assessment
thanks a lot, norm
yes, I usually do all these, when I drive my car. Hopefully everything will be all right:)
yes, I usually do all these, when I drive my car. Hopefully everything will be all right:)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: driving assessment
good lucktroubadour2012en wrote:thanks a lot, norm
yes, I usually do all these, when I drive my car. Hopefully everything will be all right:)
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: driving assessment
Just done mine, took 4 hours!
Fill out forms and do driving licence check.
Watch presentation
Check over van and fill out log book
Drive for half hour, mirrors, speed, driving technique.
Stop in a car park to reverse into a bay.
The she drove doing a commentary
Swap again for a reverse around a corner.
Then I did a commentary drive for final half hour back to depot.
I was shattered, no break and straight after delivery!
Scored low risk so all ok, you can't fail but get rated on a points system.
Enjoy!
Fill out forms and do driving licence check.
Watch presentation
Check over van and fill out log book
Drive for half hour, mirrors, speed, driving technique.
Stop in a car park to reverse into a bay.
The she drove doing a commentary
Swap again for a reverse around a corner.
Then I did a commentary drive for final half hour back to depot.
I was shattered, no break and straight after delivery!
Scored low risk so all ok, you can't fail but get rated on a points system.
Enjoy!