ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by datasaint »

They put it at £20,855, I guess that's basic pay without delivery supplement.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... erage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by DB1100 »

norm wrote:They put it at £20,855, I guess that's basic pay without delivery supplement.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... erage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And that's for the fulltimers,there's a large number of P/Timers who would love to be on that money and thanks to the runners and early starters probably will never get to F/T
For we were soldiers once,and young
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by POSTMAN »

Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by datasaint »

POSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
It's the average wage of that particular role.

172 Large goods vehicle drivers £26,029

Seems fairly accurate, RM pay about that for drivers.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by ewancurze »

I would not say that I actually LIKE the job,but with well thought out O/T, eg before start time sorting and the odd night etc it is easy to get into the top 100 of that list.(you have to try to take all the crap with a pinch of salt) which I admit can be hard at times.Just try to reduce it to pushing bits of paper about and lobbing packets in sacks,bit of banter,and hope you can get a decent Lino (we have at the moment).
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by krussel »

A lot of those salaries look low to me as I know people in those trades and they are earning more than listed.

Our pay has fallen nearly 10% ? Is that compared to inflation then.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by fb1969 »

FWIW £20,855 a year divided by 52.14 weeks divided by 39 hours comes out at £10.25 an hour.

Yes, I have little else to do :crazy:
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
cyclemech1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 334
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by cyclemech1 »

No 308 Taxi & Cab drivers £15216 a year? Yeah, right.

All the cab drivers I know have second homes in Spain and spend most of their time on the golf course!

That's when they are not pi**ing off other drivers by doing u-turns right in front of them, pulling out of side roads without looking and stopping/parking where they like because 'I'm trying to earn a living mate'.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
I know a retired librarian who was moaning that they walked four or five miles a day returning books to the shelves, as if hardly time for a :cuppa . :Boo hoo!
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by saddlerposty »

POSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
sssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by NWpostie »

When I started a Postman job was poorly paid compared to some Jobs in the 80s, we used to look enviously at these city slickers in their Porsche 911, Filofaxes, Barbican apartments, mega salaries, even Joiners plasterers were on better money, I only stuck it out on the promise of a steady wage and good pension, which helped me to get a mortgage, then came the stock market crash, home repossessions, thought I was lucky. soon our wages started to get better and eventually outstripping most trades, these same people are now moaning about our pay yet they never stuck up for us when they were doing well. I'm glad I stuck it out in this job, the biggest challenge is to keep out T & Cs safe.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
westham000
Posts: 106
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by westham000 »

Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by datasaint »

westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by aiden01 »

norm wrote:
westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.
must be working 24\7 :crazy:
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.

Post by Mr_Pink »

aiden01 wrote:
norm wrote:
westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.
must be working 24\7 :crazy:
Guy in our office (outer London) did just shy of £40k last year, yes he works all the hours god sends (hates his wife :chuckle ) some of Linos hate it that he earns more than them, despite him actually working for his money.