ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by enskied »

I'm a floater...That phrase does nothing for my self esteem BTW.

Three days on one duty 4 lots of D2D's to prep and deliver. No problem, Monday Tuesday light mail I get well ahead, prep all the D2D's for the entire duty all within work hours. Got a good P&L partner for three days, Wednesday is shite snow falling between hailstones and rain. So I decide to deliver as many D"D's as I can as the weather forecast is worse for Thursday and feeling sorry for the duty holder coming in and delivering in proper snow, so I delivered 90+ % of his duty while the weather was good enough. No probs.

Meanwhile my other duty, the one I am going on, has not had it's D2D's touched in four days. Been out on OT left in, and delivered by a host of pseudo-Managers. I could see it going tits up from Monday, so had prepped again my D2D's ready in advance. Got a phone call asking me to go in on day off or duty would be left in. "Sssoff " I say, but tell them they can use the D2D's I have prepped. Thinking about myself here. I know that the D"D's were then given to the pseudo dom (ex Lazy fwat colleague postie) Who then hid them and did not attempt to deliver them at all...Neither did he attempt delivery to a neighbour, but managed to deliver tracked items on the wrong street and not endorse the packets he had notice left, so I had them in my bag while the customer was at the cage trying to collect......All this while he was using his own car on delivery.

So I end up today with 4 lots of D"D's across to duties that have not been prepped or delivered. Go to Real DOM to complain..DOM says " Well Pseudo DOM isn't going to deliver them is he ! "
I say " I will but you are getting 6 bags back and D"D's in each one"

DOM says Take out all the D2D's we will roll them over next week........you are on the duty all next week"

Can't print what I says......... But I aint effing doing em.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by datasaint »

You're only responsible for 1/6th of the D2Ds on the day you touch the frame. Besides that not your problem. I certainly wouldn't prep D2Ds in advance of taking on the duty.

If you make inflammatory statements to management along the lines of "I'm bringing X back, because I didn't get what I want" it will only backfire in your face, as they'll find something to use against you.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by POSTMAN »

Rep?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by enskied »

norm wrote:You're only responsible for 1/6th of the D2Ds on the day you touch the frame. Besides that not your problem. I certainly wouldn't prep D2Ds in advance of taking on the duty.

If you make inflammatory statements to management along the lines of "I'm bringing X back, because I didn't get what I want" it will only backfire in your face, as they'll find something to use against you.
Not inflammatory at all. That was what I would have gone over by and they know it.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by enskied »

POSTMAN wrote:Rep?
No rep in our office, area rep is often coming down, but never arrives.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by Bahia Feliz »

prep 1/6 a day in future
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by korky »

can only reply "x" am until "y" pm = FY unless OT adds to the equation
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by enskied »

Bahia Feliz wrote:prep 1/6 a day in future
I did prep and deliver my 1/6 a day .. The extra I did on other duty was /is not an issue. The issue is the 4/6 across two duties they did not deliver.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by Bahia Feliz »

enskied wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:prep 1/6 a day in future
I did prep and deliver my 1/6 a day .. The extra I did on other duty was /is not an issue. The issue is the 4/6 across two duties they did not deliver.
Not your problem,If you did a delivery on a Friday say and no d2d had been done,just do 1/6 easy.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16695
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by clashcityrocker »

norm wrote:You're only responsible for 1/6th of the D2Ds on the day .
You are responsible for starting on time and working your contracted hours.
If they want you to prep all the D2D for a week on any given day, then so be it but if it will mean you are unable to complete that duty, then so be it.

If you feel you are being treated unfairly then there is the grievance procedure.

Can you provide a link to where it says you are only responsible for 1/6th of the D2Ds on the day?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by Bahia Feliz »

clashcityrocker wrote: Can you provide a link to where it says you are only responsible for 1/6th of the D2Ds on the day?
Is that not a national agreement?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"In order to provide the foundation for this approach and ensure customer confidence in the core product, Door to Door will become a 52 weeks a year product. There will be no change to the current D2D work plan and all items will continue to be available for delivery from Monday onwards. Whilst the planned workload will be spread across the 6 days, delivery employees will have the ability to manage the delivery of the items themselves on the proviso that all items are delivered within the week and the delivery specification is not affected." :thumbup
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16695
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by clashcityrocker »

So if they arrived late would you still only be responsible for 1/6th a day?
On Bank Holiday weeks are you responsible for 1/6th a day?
Would that ensure "customer confidence in the core product?"

While the OPG clearly doesn't like how he has ended up in the situation (and nobody would blame him) the fact remains that the D2D have to be delivered.
Either he has time within his contracted hours to complete the work others didn't do, or he doesn't.
Statements such as you are only responsible for 1/6th a day are not factually correct. You are responsible for working as directed.

Do you think he could refuse to do more than 1/6th a day and finish 30 minutes early?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by apple »

ask the DOM to put in writing the fact that he wants you to roll over the d2ds into another week when they are contracted to go out the week before, then email moya with it see what happens.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Wilful delay of D2D's by a DOM mafia

Post by Bahia Feliz »

clashcityrocker wrote:Do you think he could refuse to do more than 1/6th a day and finish 30 minutes early?
If you finish early it's up to your lino/dom to find you more work to take you to your finish time.