ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
They put it at £20,855, I guess that's basic pay without delivery supplement.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... erage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... erage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
And that's for the fulltimers,there's a large number of P/Timers who would love to be on that money and thanks to the runners and early starters probably will never get to F/Tnorm wrote:They put it at £20,855, I guess that's basic pay without delivery supplement.
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news ... erage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
It's the average wage of that particular role.POSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
172 Large goods vehicle drivers £26,029
Seems fairly accurate, RM pay about that for drivers.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
I would not say that I actually LIKE the job,but with well thought out O/T, eg before start time sorting and the odd night etc it is easy to get into the top 100 of that list.(you have to try to take all the crap with a pinch of salt) which I admit can be hard at times.Just try to reduce it to pushing bits of paper about and lobbing packets in sacks,bit of banter,and hope you can get a decent Lino (we have at the moment).
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
A lot of those salaries look low to me as I know people in those trades and they are earning more than listed.
Our pay has fallen nearly 10% ? Is that compared to inflation then.
Our pay has fallen nearly 10% ? Is that compared to inflation then.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
FWIW £20,855 a year divided by 52.14 weeks divided by 39 hours comes out at £10.25 an hour.
Yes, I have little else to do
Yes, I have little else to do
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
cyclemech1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
No 308 Taxi & Cab drivers £15216 a year? Yeah, right.
All the cab drivers I know have second homes in Spain and spend most of their time on the golf course!
That's when they are not pi**ing off other drivers by doing u-turns right in front of them, pulling out of side roads without looking and stopping/parking where they like because 'I'm trying to earn a living mate'.
All the cab drivers I know have second homes in Spain and spend most of their time on the golf course!
That's when they are not pi**ing off other drivers by doing u-turns right in front of them, pulling out of side roads without looking and stopping/parking where they like because 'I'm trying to earn a living mate'.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
I know a retired librarian who was moaning that they walked four or five miles a day returning books to the shelves, as if hardly time for aPOSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
sssssssssssshhhhhhhh!!!POSTMAN wrote:Some of that is bollox surely.
Anyway,i'm off to be a librarian,25 fecking K!
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
When I started a Postman job was poorly paid compared to some Jobs in the 80s, we used to look enviously at these city slickers in their Porsche 911, Filofaxes, Barbican apartments, mega salaries, even Joiners plasterers were on better money, I only stuck it out on the promise of a steady wage and good pension, which helped me to get a mortgage, then came the stock market crash, home repossessions, thought I was lucky. soon our wages started to get better and eventually outstripping most trades, these same people are now moaning about our pay yet they never stuck up for us when they were doing well. I'm glad I stuck it out in this job, the biggest challenge is to keep out T & Cs safe.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
must be working 24\7norm wrote:You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal worker, #236 in league table salary.
Guy in our office (outer London) did just shy of £40k last year, yes he works all the hours god sends (hates his wifeaiden01 wrote:must be working 24\7norm wrote:You based in London? Otherwise you must have put in a hell of a lot of hours.westham000 wrote:Last year I hit £37000 with O/T which includes a 6 day week. So the earnings at the moment are still their .