ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Over time pay rate.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RoyalSlave69
Posts: 74
Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
Gender: Male

Over time pay rate.

Post by RoyalSlave69 »

Hi. How much do we get for overtime at RM? Is the first 10 hours pay different?
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Over time pay rate.

Post by silly suffolk »

yep. 1st 10 after 39 hours 10.48.
RoyalSlave69
Posts: 74
Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
Gender: Male

Re: Over time pay rate.

Post by RoyalSlave69 »

Okay, thanks. What about after just 24 hours? I'm part-time.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Over time pay rate.

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

PTers get the enhanced overtime rate of SSPR for any overtime they upto 39 hours, which effectively gives them a pro rata increase in there Delivery Supplement payment.

SSPR is just under £11 per hour at the moment, if memory serves me right.
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: Over time pay rate.

Post by tansorboy »

I had an argument with a bloke in HR, Sheffield, about this. He insisted overtime over 39 hours was paid at £10.21. I disagreed but he was adamant. I only called to ask why I had been underpaid for Christmas, but he was extremely aggressive and I wondered whether he had made the underpayment himself to save the firm money....I thought they were there to help us, but won't be calling them again. They still owe me 28 quid.