ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dubbs73
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Jan 2013, 20:21
Gender: Male

Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?

Post by dubbs73 »

Hi

Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?

Is it a week as we are paid weekly?

Will I be able to cash in my shares?

Any help will be appreciated..

Cheers
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave

Post by P13 »

One week
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6693
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave

Post by RobertT »

dubbs73 wrote:Hi
Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?
One week.
Will I be able to cash in my shares?
Only if you are leaving due to redundancy, IHR or are over 60.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave

Post by fishtank »

RobertT wrote:
dubbs73 wrote:Hi
Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?
One week.
Will I be able to cash in my shares?
Only if you are leaving due to redundancy, IHR or are over 60.
There are other exceptional mitigating circumstances that allow leavers to keep their shares.
It obviously involves publicity and the business wishing to avoid the bad kind.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave

Post by bustedflush »

dubbs73 wrote:Hi

Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave?

Is it a week as we are paid weekly?

Will I be able to cash in my shares?

Any help will be appreciated..

Cheers
None if you sign for a special yourself.... :nana :nana
Seriously, I think it varies with time served so in your case check the contract.
mpl1111
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Aug 2012, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Does anyone know how much notice I have to give to leave

Post by mpl1111 »

Yes 1 finger