ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by eastie »

DOM is forever ringing up people on delivery about various things like complaints, pestering not to cut off etc.
His calls come up as unknown on my mobile and just ignore it but he gets the hump for not answering it.
I tell him I don't answer calls that are unknown.
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Don't take a mobile phone with you or if you do keep it switched off. :Very Happy Simple. :nana
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by General Mannerheim »

eastie wrote:DOM is forever ringing up people on delivery about various things like complaints, pestering not to cut off etc.
His calls come up as unknown on my mobile and just ignore it but he gets the hump for not answering it.
I tell him I don't answer calls that are unknown.
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers

Does he heavy breathe??
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
dundee
Posts: 41
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 12:06
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by dundee »

Tell him you don't have time to answer your phone,your delivering to neighbour,NOT. :Very Happy
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by POSTMAN »

He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
:neutral:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
:neutral:
Line manager gave my mobile number out to another member of staff last week.
If i'm feeling generous I might let him keep his job, still undecided. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16697
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
:neutral:
Line manager gave my mobile number out to another member of staff last week.
If i'm feeling generous I might let him keep his job, still undecided. :neutral:
They appear to have little or no time for the niceties of data protection.
I'm still fuming about the line manager who hand delivered my invitation to a conduct interview ....to my neighbour. (And that was several years ago)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by spiderj »

If you've a modern phone use avg antivirus

It can auto respond with a choice of messages
:funneh

Or do what I'm currently doing,I've got an old phone so one day I take one phone in and next I'll take the other
Sometime I'll switch sims or forward calls

This has stopped the constant barrage of calls I was getting

The phone is for me in case I need to call emergency services

If royal mail want to call me and for me to call them

Buy me a phone/pay part of my bill
:cuppa
I won
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by GT750rider »

I told my DOM I didn't have a mobile. I said if he wanted to contact me while I was on delivery he should provide one. That didn't go down too well. Of course it was a white lie, but I never got pestered once out the office.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Mine was out in the van today spotchecking, caught me cutting a corner on a grass verge, reading letter whhilst walking, no dog peg, hand too far in letterbox, hadn't read route log or whatever, passed on tread for my shoes. :nana
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by janitor »

If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by spiderj »

janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.

:thumbup
I won
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by dave72 »

I was once pulled into the office for not answering MY PERSONAL! mobile :shock:

The dom said they need to be in contact with us throughout the day, I said either issue me with a mobile or do one :crazy:
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

spiderj wrote:
janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.

:thumbup
"all calls " even the mrs diverted to the office ?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery

Post by Lounge Lizard »

arnold cheshire wrote:
spiderj wrote:
janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.

:thumbup
"all calls " even the mrs diverted to the office ?
Yes. :nana :wave