ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
DOM is forever ringing up people on delivery about various things like complaints, pestering not to cut off etc.
His calls come up as unknown on my mobile and just ignore it but he gets the hump for not answering it.
I tell him I don't answer calls that are unknown.
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
His calls come up as unknown on my mobile and just ignore it but he gets the hump for not answering it.
I tell him I don't answer calls that are unknown.
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
Don't take a mobile phone with you or if you do keep it switched off.
Simple. 
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
eastie wrote:DOM is forever ringing up people on delivery about various things like complaints, pestering not to cut off etc.
His calls come up as unknown on my mobile and just ignore it but he gets the hump for not answering it.
I tell him I don't answer calls that are unknown.
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
Does he heavy breathe??
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
dundee
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 12:06
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
Tell him you don't have time to answer your phone,your delivering to neighbour,NOT. 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
Line manager gave my mobile number out to another member of staff last week.POSTMAN wrote:He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
If i'm feeling generous I might let him keep his job, still undecided.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16695
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
They appear to have little or no time for the niceties of data protection.fishtank wrote:Line manager gave my mobile number out to another member of staff last week.POSTMAN wrote:He finds out postmen's mobile numbers from other workers
If i'm feeling generous I might let him keep his job, still undecided.
I'm still fuming about the line manager who hand delivered my invitation to a conduct interview ....to my neighbour. (And that was several years ago)
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
If you've a modern phone use avg antivirus
It can auto respond with a choice of messages
Or do what I'm currently doing,I've got an old phone so one day I take one phone in and next I'll take the other
Sometime I'll switch sims or forward calls
This has stopped the constant barrage of calls I was getting
The phone is for me in case I need to call emergency services
If royal mail want to call me and for me to call them
Buy me a phone/pay part of my bill

It can auto respond with a choice of messages
Or do what I'm currently doing,I've got an old phone so one day I take one phone in and next I'll take the other
Sometime I'll switch sims or forward calls
This has stopped the constant barrage of calls I was getting
The phone is for me in case I need to call emergency services
If royal mail want to call me and for me to call them
Buy me a phone/pay part of my bill
I won
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
I told my DOM I didn't have a mobile. I said if he wanted to contact me while I was on delivery he should provide one. That didn't go down too well. Of course it was a white lie, but I never got pestered once out the office.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
Mine was out in the van today spotchecking, caught me cutting a corner on a grass verge, reading letter whhilst walking, no dog peg, hand too far in letterbox, hadn't read route log or whatever, passed on tread for my shoes. 
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.
I won
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
I was once pulled into the office for not answering MY PERSONAL! mobile
The dom said they need to be in contact with us throughout the day, I said either issue me with a mobile or do one
The dom said they need to be in contact with us throughout the day, I said either issue me with a mobile or do one
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
"all calls " even the mrs diverted to the office ?spiderj wrote:janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: pestered by DOM on mobile on Delivery
Yes.arnold cheshire wrote:"all calls " even the mrs diverted to the office ?spiderj wrote:janitor wrote:If it's a reasonably modern phone, divert all calls to D.O number before leaving office.