ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
-
sv.wilson
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
I left Royal Mail two weeks ago to go to another job, after five years, started on Monday past and loving it.
Anyhow, I worked out I had 12 days leave left (never could get to take it when asked) AND I am owed five bank holidays, four from b/h falling on days off and 1 from while on leave. I never got these paid in my last payment, contacted payroll and they said it is my line manager who has not sent leave sheet to them authorising what I am owed and to contact office. I've phoned office asking to phone back,he has not returned my call, I've text him every day and no communication back. I know I'm not entitled to all 12 days, but im entitled to some and also the bank holidays.
Can anyone suggest what I can do or a contact number or email, would like email as I'd have documented proof of communication.
Thanks to all
Anyhow, I worked out I had 12 days leave left (never could get to take it when asked) AND I am owed five bank holidays, four from b/h falling on days off and 1 from while on leave. I never got these paid in my last payment, contacted payroll and they said it is my line manager who has not sent leave sheet to them authorising what I am owed and to contact office. I've phoned office asking to phone back,he has not returned my call, I've text him every day and no communication back. I know I'm not entitled to all 12 days, but im entitled to some and also the bank holidays.
Can anyone suggest what I can do or a contact number or email, would like email as I'd have documented proof of communication.
Thanks to all
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
email moya, I left and got all holiday entitlement, u got a bad manager!!!!
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Get his email address and send him an email and copy it to the DOM, DSM and Moya Greene. In the email point out that if you do not receive the holiday pay owed to you by next pay day, you will be contacting ACAS in order to mediate in this problem, and that you are prepared to submit an application to an Employment Tribunal if this is not successful. I think you will find that your holiday money will be paid pretty promptly.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Small price to pay for getting out.sv.wilson wrote:I left Royal Mail two weeks ago to go to another job, after five years, started on Monday past and loving it.
Anyhow, I worked out I had 12 days leave left (never could get to take it when asked) AND I am owed five bank holidays, four from b/h falling on days off and 1 from while on leave. I never got these paid in my last payment, contacted payroll and they said it is my line manager who has not sent leave sheet to them authorising what I am owed and to contact office. I've phoned office asking to phone back,he has not returned my call, I've text him every day and no communication back. I know I'm not entitled to all 12 days, but im entitled to some and also the bank holidays.
Can anyone suggest what I can do or a contact number or email, would like email as I'd have documented proof of communication.
Thanks to all
-
sv.wilson
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Small price to pay, I know - but it's my money and I'm entitled to it. How do I get DOMs email and Moya's email?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Mangersname.Managerssurname@royalmail.comsv.wilson wrote:Small price to pay, I know - but it's my money and I'm entitled to it. How do I get DOMs email and Moya's email?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves itmaisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
If you're having trouble then there is always the Small Claims court

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Because either the DOM, DSM or Moya Greene is likely to kick the ass of the Line Manager (who may be the DOM) and get it sorted.aiden01 wrote:person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves itmaisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
hope soLincox wrote:Because either the DOM, DSM or Moya Greene is likely to kick the ass of the Line Manager (who may be the DOM) and get it sorted.aiden01 wrote:person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves itmaisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck
-
sv.wilson
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
Have submitted e-mail detailing everything, after giving the line manager a call yesterday with still no response back. How long should I wait for a response? this is getting ridiclous.
Thanks for all your comments/and help.
Thanks for all your comments/and help.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
To be honest you are out of RM now so you set the time constraints. Next time, and any time, you are in contact with RM then state that you want a response by a certain date (usually 1 week is seen as reasonable) or you will take further action, spell that further action out, and keep to your word. Do this even if you email Moya.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM
They did this trick on me.
Took regular hone calls and eventually they cave in.....
Took regular hone calls and eventually they cave in.....