ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sv.wilson
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by sv.wilson »

I left Royal Mail two weeks ago to go to another job, after five years, started on Monday past and loving it.

Anyhow, I worked out I had 12 days leave left (never could get to take it when asked) AND I am owed five bank holidays, four from b/h falling on days off and 1 from while on leave. I never got these paid in my last payment, contacted payroll and they said it is my line manager who has not sent leave sheet to them authorising what I am owed and to contact office. I've phoned office asking to phone back,he has not returned my call, I've text him every day and no communication back. I know I'm not entitled to all 12 days, but im entitled to some and also the bank holidays.

Can anyone suggest what I can do or a contact number or email, would like email as I'd have documented proof of communication.

Thanks to all
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by osgoody1970 »

email moya, I left and got all holiday entitlement, u got a bad manager!!!!
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by Lincox »

Get his email address and send him an email and copy it to the DOM, DSM and Moya Greene. In the email point out that if you do not receive the holiday pay owed to you by next pay day, you will be contacting ACAS in order to mediate in this problem, and that you are prepared to submit an application to an Employment Tribunal if this is not successful. I think you will find that your holiday money will be paid pretty promptly.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by rubberbond »

sv.wilson wrote:I left Royal Mail two weeks ago to go to another job, after five years, started on Monday past and loving it.

Anyhow, I worked out I had 12 days leave left (never could get to take it when asked) AND I am owed five bank holidays, four from b/h falling on days off and 1 from while on leave. I never got these paid in my last payment, contacted payroll and they said it is my line manager who has not sent leave sheet to them authorising what I am owed and to contact office. I've phoned office asking to phone back,he has not returned my call, I've text him every day and no communication back. I know I'm not entitled to all 12 days, but im entitled to some and also the bank holidays.

Can anyone suggest what I can do or a contact number or email, would like email as I'd have documented proof of communication.

Thanks to all
Small price to pay for getting out.
sv.wilson
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by sv.wilson »

Small price to pay, I know - but it's my money and I'm entitled to it. How do I get DOMs email and Moya's email?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sv.wilson wrote:Small price to pay, I know - but it's my money and I'm entitled to it. How do I get DOMs email and Moya's email?
Mangersname.Managerssurname@royalmail.com
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by Lincox »

maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by maisymoo04 »

Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck :wave
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by aiden01 »

maisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck :wave
person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves it :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by DGP1 »

If you're having trouble then there is always the Small Claims court :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by Lincox »

aiden01 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck :wave
person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves it :crazy:
Because either the DOM, DSM or Moya Greene is likely to kick the ass of the Line Manager (who may be the DOM) and get it sorted.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by aiden01 »

Lincox wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:Soon as u send to ask moya the Dom gets a copy of it anyway sent to him good luck :wave
person has already left job why would they care if dom receieves it :crazy:
Because either the DOM, DSM or Moya Greene is likely to kick the ass of the Line Manager (who may be the DOM) and get it sorted.
hope so :thumbup :thumbup
sv.wilson
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by sv.wilson »

Have submitted e-mail detailing everything, after giving the line manager a call yesterday with still no response back. How long should I wait for a response? this is getting ridiclous.

Thanks for all your comments/and help.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To be honest you are out of RM now so you set the time constraints. Next time, and any time, you are in contact with RM then state that you want a response by a certain date (usually 1 week is seen as reasonable) or you will take further action, spell that further action out, and keep to your word. Do this even if you email Moya.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: Not getting holiday pay after leaving RM

Post by flaminmoses »

They did this trick on me.
Took regular hone calls and eventually they cave in.....