Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Handing in my notice
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Handing in my notice
1 week for notice.
Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing in my notice
Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
-
mad leveller
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 18:22
Re: Handing in my notice
rubberbond wrote:Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
-
crl00002
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Jun 2014, 15:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing in my notice
I'm sure on my contract it said you needed to give 2 weeks notice if you had been there between 6 and 12 months.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1 week for notice.
Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
-
35wayno
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing in my notice
You do not have to give any more notice than 5 days with less than a years service, better still just call in sick as they won't pay you anyway.
Good luck and a few of us wish we were doing the same
Good luck and a few of us wish we were doing the same
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Handing in my notice
crl00002 wrote:I'm sure on my contract it said you needed to give 2 weeks notice if you had been there between 6 and 12 months.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1 week for notice.
Depends on the boss for using outstanding leave to work it, as its not an automatic right. Also be careful as though you have worked for 11 months, we are 2 months short of completing a full leave year so when you give in your notice you'll only be entitled to roughly 5/6 of your entitlement. If you have taken more than that then you'll have to discuss it with your manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lilmiss123
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 24 Jan 2014, 20:12
- Gender: Female
Re: Handing in my notice
rubberbond wrote:Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
I'm leaving because the place is run like monkeys, the bosses don't care, you. Can't get the holidays want you just have to put up with what your given, your constanly bullied into doing overtime or victimised if you say no.... Yeah it's good money, but I can only see the company getting worse to work for ...
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing in my notice
Those are the best bits.lilmiss123 wrote:rubberbond wrote:Why would anyone want to leave this glorious company with all its attendant benefits.lilmiss123 wrote:Hi I've worked for the royal Mail 11 months, I am
Thinking of quitong the job, how much notice do I need to give, and if I have holidays could I put them in for my week notice ?
I'm leaving because the place is run like monkeys, the bosses don't care, you. Can't get the holidays want you just have to put up with what your given, your constanly bullied into doing overtime or victimised if you say no.... Yeah it's good money, but I can only see the company getting worse to work for ...