ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Always late

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
vinnieb5
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jan 2008, 23:14

Always late

Post by vinnieb5 »

We always moan about the runners and early starters but the colleagues that really piss me off are the ones who turn up 5,10,15,20 minutes everyday :mad managers just turn a total blind eye to this :no no
hazzeem025
Posts: 280
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
Gender: Male

Re: Always late

Post by hazzeem025 »

Couldn't agree more.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Always late

Post by Postie45 »

IDd still say runners and people who come in early are a bigger negative affect to our jobs, the people coming in late is more of an issue for the business to crack down on
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Always late

Post by villan »

As long as the late arrival does his/her usual share of the sorting/prepping/portering or whatever, and they tag the time they missed onto their day, then I don't see that up to 20 minutes or so late is such a big deal. I'm sure most of us oversleep occasionally, or the car won't start, or the train/bus/limo/helicopter is late.

Obviously if you do a van share then it's not fair on your partner. Ditto if someone's dropping your bags out somewhere for you.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Always late

Post by aiden01 »

villan wrote:As long as the late arrival does his/her usual share of the sorting/prepping/portering or whatever, and they tag the time they missed onto their day, then I don't see that up to 20 minutes or so late is such a big deal. I'm sure most of us oversleep occasionally, or the car won't start, or the train/bus/limo/helicopter is late.

Obviously if you do a van share then it's not fair on your partner. Ditto if someone's dropping your bags out somewhere for you.
but the op is talking about the same people who are late everyday :hmmmm
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: Always late

Post by silly suffolk »

if the managers cant be arsed to follow the late attenders procedure, and other individuals are held up, and cant complete their duty requirements in the allotted time because of other individuals late attendance so be it. cut off and explain why you had to cut off.
Superdude201
Posts: 13
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 00:26
Gender: Male

Re: Always late

Post by Superdude201 »

While I agree, however there could be explanations for it.

I'm on a 32 hour contract and am paid "full time", but the way they add it on is 1 hour 18 each day so in total am only paid 38 and a half hours, not 39, so for that reason i come in 5 minutes later each day.

Same people always make comments even though they know the reason. Its only 6 mins each day I'm not getting paid, but if I'm not getting 39 hours pay why should I come in for those 6 mins.