ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
high risk driver
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
high risk driver
Had my changeover driving the other day, lasted 4 hours, instructor put down that I was high risk. Will I still be allowed to drive the vans. ( currently still on bikes but will be van sharing in the near future)
-
chambo87
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 16 Jul 2009, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Re: high risk driver
What did you do to be classed as high risk ? Did he tell you ?
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: high risk driver
Must of kept his eyes closed 
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: high risk driver
Doesn't the computer test thingy say whether you're high risk and not the driving...unless you're really bad of course! 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: high risk driver
No you wont be allowed to drive until you have been re-tested. I got a high risk on mine, reversed into a fence post in Asda Car Park. Only just touched the post, but AA guy said I could,nt reverse. Best thing that happened, no driving duties, no responsibility for the van, no risk to my driving license, no large parcels to deliver, the benefits go on and on. Yes, I do a bit more walking, but if I get back to the van before the driver, I just sit and have a drink or a sarnie and wait for him/her to drive to the next loops. Of course I do help him/her out by doing part of their loop if they have a stack of parcels and specials to deliver, so we do work together, so it is not just a case of take and take.
-
35wayno
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: high risk driver
Absolutely agree with the above post,
I have decided not to drive for the business,
In our unit one chap picked the driving part of the shared vans,
He clipped a wing mirror and was then conducted ( one year reprimand ) and taken off driving for a year as he was blameworthy.
Since then one of our a@@e- lickers as landed on that driving turn and the driver is being messed about from week to week.
My advice is stick to the walking until you absolutely have to do it
Cheers
I have decided not to drive for the business,
In our unit one chap picked the driving part of the shared vans,
He clipped a wing mirror and was then conducted ( one year reprimand ) and taken off driving for a year as he was blameworthy.
Since then one of our a@@e- lickers as landed on that driving turn and the driver is being messed about from week to week.
My advice is stick to the walking until you absolutely have to do it
Cheers