ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Post by bustedflush »

I have read the doc TBT posted, and am aware 3.4 states you can opt for pay in lieu of Bank Holidays over Xmas 2014 should they be on rest days?

As my rota week fell in Xmas week and 25/26 Dec were Bank Hols obviously. I returned this week after illness and asked if I could take 13 hours pay instead of having 2 extra leave days added to my balance. No lino/manager/office woman knew what I was on about, and then said 'it's too late' anyway'??
I didn't know it was time-sensitive? Surely if I am still in the same leave year I can't see what difference it makes when they pay it?

So to clarify:

My rota week fell over Christmas last Dec and encompassed 2 Public Holidays.

1. Can I get 13 hrs. pay instead of 2 lieu days?
2. IF so, any time-related reason I can't ask now for the extra pay?

Ta in advance.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrnagments

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

1. Yes.

2. Not that I am aware of.

Email your ADR and get them on the case, one of my colleagues is having the same problem and the ADR is handling it.

Edit on 1 - Yes - if thats what you would have worked normally.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrnagments

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1. Yes.

2. Not that I am aware of.

Email your ADR and get them on the case, one of my colleagues is having the same problem and the ADR is handling it.

Thanks. the DOM isn't being an ass, he genuinely seems to be unaware. He's asked me to print off the stipulation. So I will. Am on LD for a while so plenty of time to annoy him with it... :cool
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Post by Glenno »

It's probably budget related, everything now has to go thru PSP and the budgets are forcast some weeks ahead, but there is no reason why you can't have what you want next time they update budget on PSP, hope this helps :wave :wave
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrnagments

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1. Yes.

2. Not that I am aware of.

Email your ADR and get them on the case, one of my colleagues is having the same problem and the ADR is handling it.

Edit on 1 - Yes - if thats what you would have worked normally.

I wouldn't have worked anything normally as I was off anyway on my rota week gained as normal by working the previous 5 Saturdays, or are you referring to the 2x6.5 hours total??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrnagments

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:1. Yes.

2. Not that I am aware of.

Email your ADR and get them on the case, one of my colleagues is having the same problem and the ADR is handling it.

Edit on 1 - Yes - if thats what you would have worked normally.

I wouldn't have worked anything normally as I was off anyway on my rota week gained as normal by working the previous 5 Saturdays, or are you referring to the 2x6.5 hours total??
Normally, as in what you would get on a normal Thursday and Saturday.

So if when you work Thursday you get 6.5 hours and on Saturday 6 hours then you should get 12.5 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Post by bustedflush »

Nope, tried to get it today, manager rabbited on about the 'operational needs' mentioned in 3.4 and I get lieu days.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:Nope, tried to get it today, manager rabbited on about the 'operational needs' mentioned in 3.4 and I get lieu days.
escalate it. As you can see from the LTB and its attachments there is no mention of "Operational Need" even myroyalmail.com says https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Log in required)
Bank and public holidays
In Royal Mail:
• If you’re not scheduled to work on a Bank holiday, you’ll receive the equivalent number of hours as a
credit to the hours you would have worked.
• If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
• If that’s not possible, you can either:
» add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
» take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
It sounds to me that its your choice not theirs :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: 3.4 of Xmas 2014 Arrangements

Post by citypostie »

bustedflush wrote:Nope, tried to get it today, manager rabbited on about the 'operational needs' mentioned in 3.4 and I get lieu days.
My manager tried the same until I showed him the agreement, he then asked the DSM who said we had to have lieu days not ot. The dsm's manager (area director) heard about this and emailed my Dom saying it was my choice to take the day as ot or lieu day making the DSM look a dick in the process. Just keep pushing until you get what you want