Hi, been on a pt temp contract since september 25 hours over 5 days.I do a rural delivery where I meet the full time posties who have prepped my round when they ring me to say its ready so im basically at there beck and call, anyway thats another story. But I never go into the office.
What im not sure about is how to find out how much holiday I'm due. All over xmas I was paid 25hrs no mention of bh pay or holiday pay in my wage slip even when I took 3 days leave in the new year. Ive tried to book leave for april but still waiting to hear back, but I presume I will be due some leave in this leave year? Who do I ask, should I ring hr?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
lack of info!
-
CABANA83
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 14:02
- Gender: Male
Re: lack of info!
You need to get a rep on your case. You have to go into the office to sign in every morning and to sign out when finished, the bosses are always on our case if we don't do either. Surely RM should be giving you a start time, say 0900 and you work your 5 hours until 1400. If you go over, you book it and don't forget your 30min break entitlement.salomon wrote:Hi, been on a pt temp contract since september 25 hours over 5 days.I do a rural delivery where I meet the full time posties who have prepped my round when they ring me to say its ready so im basically at there beck and call, anyway thats another story. But I never go into the office.
?
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: lack of info!
No I dont go into the office, its fairly normal for part timers who live in the villages that we deliver in to be met with the post. We never know our start time, just deliver the post on a 3.5/4.5 hr delivery. Haha we dont have a union rep and have never been invited to join the union, I presume I can do that online. Most of our rounds sound like they will be flexed in the summer so we wont be needed.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: lack of info!
Is there an official satellite office operating in the village? If not, sounds like you are being done over, as there should be travel time + breaks built into your duty.salomon wrote:No I dont go into the office, its fairly normal for part timers who live in the villages that we deliver in to be met with the post. We never know our start time, just deliver the post on a 3.5/4.5 hr delivery. Haha we dont have a union rep and have never been invited to join the union, I presume I can do that online. Most of our rounds sound like they will be flexed in the summer so we wont be needed.