ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I claim back holiday
-
darrennmel
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 08:36
- Gender: Male
Can I claim back holiday
Hi I fell and cracked some ribs on my round the day before I was due to go off on holiday some of my colleagues have said I can get the weeks holiday back is this right. thanks
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I claim back holiday
Yes you can claim it back, speak to your dom or line manager, if they being funny about it speak to your union rep and ask them to have a word,
Iv just got back 2 weeks from last year when i was off sick due to car accident,
Iv just got back 2 weeks from last year when i was off sick due to car accident,
-
darrennmel
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Jul 2011, 08:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Can I claim back holiday
Thanks for replying Harv12 I will speak to my dom tomorrow
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Can I claim back holiday
darrennmel wrote:Thanks for replying Harv12 I will speak to my dom tomorrow
But be careful, you WILL need a doctors certificate as proof, because unless you phoned them and advised you were off sick instead of annual leave you will have exceed the 7 days you can self certify:
https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Employees must give their employer a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (previously called a ‘sick note’) if they’re off sick for more than 7 days in a row (including non-working days).
so Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun = 8 days (it will be more if you were off Saturday or are going back on Tuesday).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.