ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

gone

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

gone

Post by Jynxx »

Well I'm finished 10 years down the line has come to and end. I would like to thank everyone on here for all the help and advice.
Good luck! (Got IHR)
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by Ricardo44 »

You are well out of it all as long as you can survive financially. Good luck for the future..
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by postman nel »

I took IHR 18 months ago after 13 years service...not one regret....so much healthier and so much happier :thumbup
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by worktotime »

good luck :thumbup
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: gone

Post by krussel »

Best of luck. Hope things work out ok :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by malcolm3011 »

Best of luck for the future
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by flaminmoses »

18 months for me too and my knee is almost ready to start running on again :nana

although on the beach only to start with :Very Happy
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by Jynxx »

Thank you, I feel better body doesn't hurt like it was all the time...just need to join the gym or something put on a stone and a half :wink:

So glad I'm out of it, talking to our local postie the other day he tells me all the lapsing they have been doing will now be "absorbed " into their walks plus lapsing new duties on top of that. :shock: I said, like how everything else has been absorbed like d2d, del to neighbour, larger duties, extra packets the list goes on :confused good luck to everyone!
mardenq
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 09:02

Re: gone

Post by mardenq »

got my ihr on 6th December after 18 years.shins/calfs/ankles and lower back pain.seeing a back specialist on Thursday,after being able to walk 7/8 miles a day 6 days a week im now finding 300 yards is a struggle.hope it gets better ,doctor saying it will take time and need to take my time.glad im out of it now or god knows where id have ended up
good luck to you.enjoy your new outside of royal mail life
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: gone

Post by kirstyx »

Sorry to ask but when or was recommended for you how long was it then before it was all agreed and signed of on, I'm at the beginning of the process it has been raised a couple of times but they are waiting on my final appointment on Wednesday at the hospital before making a decision
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by Jynxx »

I think it all depends on your circumstances, mine took a while as they were waiting on results. The first time it was recommended it was refused by the nurse. The second time all my results had come in and spoke to another nurse who put it toward a doctor. He agreed on IHR but would only recommend it if I wanted it to be.
Once the doctor has approved IHR it's a very quick process unless you were to disagree.

Good luck to you too :)
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: gone

Post by kirstyx »

Thanks for that unfortunately my issue has been going on since June and I'm only doing 90 minutes of delivery and even doing that is causing issues I've seen pretty much everyone I can and was told surgery is not an option so seeing a specialist physio and that's the only reason why it wasn't recommended back in December. I've already been told that there is no indoor work for me so I'm pretty knackered lol, fingers crossed it works out in the end. Good luck and thanks again for replying to me it answered a few questions
Postal Postie II
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 92
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by Postal Postie II »

I took IHR last year and I have to say I don't regret it one bit.

It is a real shame because when I first started over 5 years ago I really enjoyed being a postman and for the 1st time in a long time had job satisfaction. However, that all changed once D2Ds came in along with a lot of other bull.

A 70mph car crash didn't help either. :no no
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: gone

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Postal Postie II wrote:I took IHR last year and I have to say I don't regret it one bit.

It is a real shame because when I first started over 5 years ago I really enjoyed being a postman and for the 1st time in a long time had job satisfaction. However, that all changed once D2Ds came in along with a lot of other bull.

A 70mph car crash didn't help either. :no no
But D2Ds have always been here. :crazy:
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: gone

Post by dave72 »

Postal Postie II wrote:I took IHR last year and I have to say I don't regret it one bit.

It is a real shame because when I first started over 5 years ago I really enjoyed being a postman and for the 1st time in a long time had job satisfaction. However, that all changed once D2Ds came in along with a lot of other bull.

A 70mph car crash didn't help either. :no no
I'm 18 years in and we had D2Ds back then when I started :confused