ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Meetings:-(

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jimrobbo
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
Gender: Male

Meetings:-(

Post by Jimrobbo »

Can we opt out of WTL sessions and silly start up meetings? I think they are seriously affecting my well being! I'm being serious, surely we should have a choice. :d'oh! :pray :pray
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No but you are welcome to use or modify as appropriate the 2 following items: they may ease your pain. :Very Happy

Image

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by krussel »

LOL :left: :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by rubberbond »

Jimrobbo wrote:Can we opt out of WTL sessions and silly start up meetings? I think they are seriously affecting my well being! I'm being serious, surely we should have a choice. :d'oh! :pray :pray
I suppose in a bigger office you could just not attend, smaller ones a bit more difficult. We used to have them but they seem to have died an agonising and unloved death. RIP you will not be missed :wave
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by General Mannerheim »

Depends if your Sorted or not. :nervous
The sorted can do what they want like still throw their walks out whilst your `busy` having your WTLL or come in late every morning or still use their cars,the list is almost endless. :wave
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Jimrobbo
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 11:24
Gender: Male

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by Jimrobbo »

All answers are very encouraging, that actually nobody seems to care too much about them, and I am not alone. :Boo hoo!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I believe the WTLL sessions are another "Box" that a Manager needs to "Tick" in order to get an element of his Bonus. That accounts for why they're so keen to have one EVERY Tuesday!

Why else would you deliberately wind up your staff, waste their time and set yourself up for an earbending? I love the RMTV trying to encourage you to check out what's happening on their website when you get home, or follow them on Twatter! FFS I'm sure most of us are sick of the job by the end of the day without getting brainwashed in our own time. :so there
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
hatetheboss
Posts: 191
Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
Gender: Male
Location: Back Of Beyond

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by hatetheboss »

So would you all rather have another 30 minutes delivery instead? :arrrghhh
They are coming to take us away
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by Darren Bent »

bonus for WTL Blimey. Why do managers get so many bonus scheme and there is nothing for us apart from dividends payout and Christmas.
Postal workers need to be valued more by the employers.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Meetings:-(

Post by dave72 »

We don't have wtl :nana the perks of working in a spdo :nana