ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you lazy?
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Are you lazy?
In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!!
So I'm lazy!! 
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
Our DOM never works Saturdays, and our Linos (on 1 in 6 rotating day off) never work theirs either, but yes we get the "you've just taken a turd on my shoe" look if we don't fancy working our days off. I personally don't mind, apart from when it's my long weekend.fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!!So I'm lazy!!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
you also get that look when you tell them youre going to be cutting off when its a busy day and dont want to stay out on OT to finish itMr_Pink wrote:Our DOM never works Saturdays, and our Linos (on 1 in 6 rotating day off) never work theirs either, but yes we get the "you've just taken a turd on my shoe" look if we don't fancy working our days off. I personally don't mind, apart from when it's my long weekend.fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!! :crazy: So I'm lazy!! :dance
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then 
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Are you lazy?
GoingRoundTheBend wrote:you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then
You can't do this can you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Are you lazy?
I waited 18 yrs working 6 days a week for a 5 day week. Be damned to give it up.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Are you lazy?
Am I lazy?
I was going to answer this earlier, but I couldn't be bothered.
At work they don't even ask me anymore. Lazy so and so's.
I was going to answer this earlier, but I couldn't be bothered.
At work they don't even ask me anymore. Lazy so and so's.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
My duty was a Sat s/a for 10 years from 2001-2011 I worked all of them apart from when I was on leave.Then in 2011 they made it into a rotating day off,and what happened? "Can you work your Saturday off this week"? Er no,You changed it to a rotating day off so i'm having the long weekend thanks! 
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
I am lazy because I use a trolleyfly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!!So I'm lazy!!
-
Cyclopz
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
- Gender: Male
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
Ours always says "never ask for a favour in the future" 
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
i was workin a 4 day week a few years ago, i got asked to work both my days off every week
-
Lord Hereford
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
I haven't worked a rest day for almost a year, so I'm definitely one of the "lazy" ones! They don't bother asking me anymore, unless they're really desperate - unfortunately for them that tends to happen on my long weekends, which I will never consider working.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
We still have it but for how much longer?lcook282 wrote:i was workin a 4 day week a few years ago, i got asked to work both my days off every week