ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are you lazy?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Are you lazy?

Post by fly-catchers »

In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!! :crazy: So I'm lazy!! :dance
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by Mr_Pink »

fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!! :crazy: So I'm lazy!! :dance
Our DOM never works Saturdays, and our Linos (on 1 in 6 rotating day off) never work theirs either, but yes we get the "you've just taken a turd on my shoe" look if we don't fancy working our days off. I personally don't mind, apart from when it's my long weekend.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by Postie45 »

Mr_Pink wrote:
fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!! :crazy: So I'm lazy!! :dance
Our DOM never works Saturdays, and our Linos (on 1 in 6 rotating day off) never work theirs either, but yes we get the "you've just taken a turd on my shoe" look if we don't fancy working our days off. I personally don't mind, apart from when it's my long weekend.
you also get that look when you tell them youre going to be cutting off when its a busy day and dont want to stay out on OT to finish it
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then :dance
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by 19times »

GoingRoundTheBend wrote:you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then :dance

You can't do this can you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by krussel »

I waited 18 yrs working 6 days a week for a 5 day week. Be damned to give it up.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by pinstripe »

Am I lazy?

I was going to answer this earlier, but I couldn't be bothered.

At work they don't even ask me anymore. Lazy so and so's.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

My duty was a Sat s/a for 10 years from 2001-2011 I worked all of them apart from when I was on leave.Then in 2011 they made it into a rotating day off,and what happened? "Can you work your Saturday off this week"? Er no,You changed it to a rotating day off so i'm having the long weekend thanks! :cuppa
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by P13 »

fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!! :crazy: So I'm lazy!! :dance
I am lazy because I use a trolley
Cyclopz
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 177
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by Cyclopz »

Affirmative.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by mailman71 »

Am I lazy yep.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by dave72 »

Ours always says "never ask for a favour in the future" :crazy:
yubin282
Posts: 993
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by yubin282 »

i was workin a 4 day week a few years ago, i got asked to work both my days off every week
Lord Hereford
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 26
Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by Lord Hereford »

I haven't worked a rest day for almost a year, so I'm definitely one of the "lazy" ones! They don't bother asking me anymore, unless they're really desperate - unfortunately for them that tends to happen on my long weekends, which I will never consider working.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Are you lazy?

Post by jimmynailsalive »

lcook282 wrote:i was workin a 4 day week a few years ago, i got asked to work both my days off every week
We still have it but for how much longer? :sad: