ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

quickie

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

quickie

Post by kirstyx »

Am I allowed to take time off to take my father to hospital appointments due to cancer treatment?
He does live with me if that makes any difference.
I am waiting to see if I am going to be given ihr. If I am given ihr and I am refused permission to take time off to take my father to hospital then is it possible to ask them to push it through quickly?
Last edited by kirstyx on 11 Jan 2015, 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
Mightyaj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 63
Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Bit of help please

Post by Mightyaj »

Don't take this wrong way but I don't think anyone's replied as your question is hard to understand unless I'm missing something! Try writing it out again and you may get some joy. Hope you get the help your after.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Ricardo44 »

Your best bet is to take it as unpaid special leave or annual leave if you have enough days left. Can't see RM giving you the time off and paying you for it. Speak to your rep if you are in the union about what the best option is for you.
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Ricardo44 »

Your best bet is to take it as unpaid special leave or annual leave if you have enough days left. Can't see RM giving you the time off and paying you for it. Speak to your rep if you are in the union about what the best option is for you.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Bahia Feliz »

If you are his registered carer then I think you are covered under an official law for this sort of thing.Others more qualified than me will tell you more I hope!
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Ricardo44 »

Sorry for the reply being posted twice but the first time I clicked submit this pop up appeared on my screen about a winning a tesco shopping voucher and I got caught up in that. After I pressed the return button a few times I ended up clicking submit again. :arrrghhh
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16693
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: quickie

Post by clashcityrocker »

kirstyx wrote:Am I allowed to take time off to take my father to hospital appointments due to cancer treatment?
He does live with me if that makes any difference.
I am waiting to see if I am going to be given ihr. If I am given ihr and I am refused permission to take time off to take my father to hospital then is it possible to ask them to push it through quickly?
If your dad is indeed diagnosed with cancer, and you are his primary carer, then you will be entitled to all the protection of the Equality Act, just as if it was you that had been diagnosed.
Your Branch should have a disability champion who will advise you.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
gluteus maximus
Posts: 241
Joined: 12 Oct 2013, 15:08
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by gluteus maximus »

Clash is correct, it is called "Disability by Association" the Equality act will treat you the same as if you were the person suffering from cancer
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by enskied »

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worth a look
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: quickie

Post by kirstyx »

clashcityrocker wrote:
kirstyx wrote:Am I allowed to take time off to take my father to hospital appointments due to cancer treatment?
He does live with me if that makes any difference.
I am waiting to see if I am going to be given ihr. If I am given ihr and I am refused permission to take time off to take my father to hospital then is it possible to ask them to push it through quickly?
If your dad is indeed diagnosed with cancer, and you are his primary carer, then you will be entitled to all the protection of the Equality Act, just as if it was you that had been diagnosed.
Your Branch should have a disability champion who will advise you.
Thanks so much I'm glad there is some flexibility. Just fingers crossed it's nothing serious
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by rubberbond »

Ricardo44 wrote:Sorry for the reply being posted twice but the first time I clicked submit this pop up appeared on my screen about a winning a tesco shopping voucher and I got caught up in that. After I pressed the return button a few times I ended up clicking submit again. :arrrghhh
But did you win the voucher? We need to know.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Ricardo44 wrote: this pop up appeared on my screen about a winning a tesco shopping voucher
How can you stop this happening? Pain in the bum!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16693
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: quickie

Post by clashcityrocker »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Ricardo44 wrote: this pop up appeared on my screen about a winning a tesco shopping voucher
How can you stop this happening? Pain in the bum!
You need to check your spambots and consider address munging.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: quickie

Post by Bahia Feliz »

clashcityrocker wrote: You need to check your spambots and consider address munging.
Help! :neutral:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: quickie

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: You need to check your spambots and consider address munging.
Help! :neutral:

Decent anti-virus software will take care of you being taken over as a Spambot in most cases.

As to munging and stopping spam and popups you need at least some computer knowledge and use software such as adblockers and spam filters. But if you are unsure then sometimes you can cause too many problems if you use the wrong ones, or set them up wrong.

My personal advice, if you don't visit the <wink>, <wink> sites and download very little then you'll be okay with just a basic free virus checker.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.