ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gtbone
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2012, 14:44
Gender: Male

Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Post by gtbone »

Need a bit of advice and getting nowhere with manager. I was made up to temp full time on Jan 6th 2014 and told i am going back to part time 25hr contract on 9th feb 2015. During this annual leave year i have had 1 week of in may and one week of in july and have paid POAL of £10.86 since jan 2014. I am due to take 4 weeks holiday from Feb 14th till Mar 16th using 21 annual days leave. Trying to work out if i will get these days paid in part time hrs (25hr contract as this is what i will be on over the holiday) or (39 hr contract as this is what I have worked the majority of the year in). Manager has put of finding out for the last 6 weeks and spoke to a CWU legal person who is looking into it. Going to phone ACAS tomorrow.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Post by arnold cheshire »

gtbone wrote:Need a bit of advice and getting nowhere with manager. I was made up to temp full time on Jan 6th 2014 and told i am going back to part time 25hr contract on 9th feb 2015. During this annual leave year i have had 1 week of in may and one week of in july and have paid POAL of £10.86 since jan 2014. I am due to take 4 weeks holiday from Feb 14th till Mar 16th using 21 annual days leave. Trying to work out if i will get these days paid in part time hrs (25hr contract as this is what i will be on over the holiday) or (39 hr contract as this is what I have worked the majority of the year in). Manager has put of finding out for the last 6 weeks and spoke to a CWU legal person who is looking into it. Going to phone ACAS tomorrow.
why would your purchase of annual leave start in jan 2014? leave runs from apr 1 to mar31
gtbone
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Oct 2012, 14:44
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Post by gtbone »

I have purchased annual leave for years! I meant my POAL went up from a part time payment to a full time payment which reflected in the contract I was on. Would feel harshly done if I got paid part time hours when I've worked mainly full time! When I picked my holidays in 2013 for 2015 I didn't know I would be full time etc or I would have made sure I picked them before my temp full time ended!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

POL doesn't really need to be taken into account for this one, you should be paid near enough ft hours as the preceding 13 weeks before going on al was on ft hours so RM should be paying your average hours worked whilst on al regardless of contract dropping
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday entitlement for temp full time contract

Post by bustedflush »

Your leave should be paid at an average of the basic contractual pay you received in the period that earned that leave, i.e. the 12 weeks beforehand. That's the law. 1991