ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gross Misconduct
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Gross Misconduct
Hi Guys, As you maybe aware I have been suspended since December and now charged with Gross misconduct both statements from the DOM and Lino are pure lies don't add up whatsoever. one thing I noticed in the statement was the lino put all his evidence forward but has not mentioned in his statement which day or the date these events took place? question is will that statement stand? he could have been talking about any day in 2014 for me..
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Gross Misconduct
everything that is put in these statements HAS to be correct.
get your area rep onto it asap ( if you are in the union )
I have faced 2 stage three attendance reviews and both times it has been downgraded to a stage 1 due to the Dom's doing something incorrect as per RM rules.
get your area rep onto it asap ( if you are in the union )
I have faced 2 stage three attendance reviews and both times it has been downgraded to a stage 1 due to the Dom's doing something incorrect as per RM rules.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Gross Misconduct
Thanks for responding doorstep but as the lino has not put any date or day in the statement surly this must not be able to stand? if a solicitor read this he would probably say what day and date are we talking about here?doorstepped wrote:everything that is put in these statements HAS to be correct.
get your area rep onto it asap ( if you are in the union )
I have faced 2 stage three attendance reviews and both times it has been downgraded to a stage 1 due to the Dom's doing something incorrect as per RM rules.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Gross Misconduct
I know it has not happened yet but after a appeal where else can you go within Royal Mail? Don't seem to be getting much answers on here? They will defo dish something out on me after been suspended for 3 weeks now if not sacked. with having a good record I think they may reduce it to 2 year serious where I shouldn't be getting anything because of the lies...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Gross Misconduct
While dates or a lack of them are important please bear in mind we aren't talking about a court of law and any evidence put forward does not have to prove anything, it simply has to support what would be considered a reasonable decision.Natasha, Midlands wrote:if a solicitor read this he would probably say what day and date are we talking about here?
Look to undermine the big stuff and don't get caught up in technicalities.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Gross Misconduct
in a court of law they can use just a time frame say from oct 14 to dec14fishtank wrote:While dates or a lack of them are important please bear in mind we aren't talking about a court of law and any evidence put forward does not have to prove anything, it simply has to support what would be considered a reasonable decision.Natasha, Midlands wrote:if a solicitor read this he would probably say what day and date are we talking about here?
Look to undermine the big stuff and don't get caught up in technicalities.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Gross Misconduct
Appeal stage is the final thing you can do within Royal Mail. Your next decision is whether to take this to an employment tribunal. You should be aware that if you are going to go to tribunal then there are time constraints related to the period in which you can apply. If you have to go to appeal then I suggest that you apply for this before the Appeal is heard. It is a Royal Mail trait that they delay the appeal process for as long as possible in the hope that you will not submit a claim form to the ET and will be out of time applying. If you get a decision that goes against you, submit the claim for ET at the same time as you submit an Appeal.Natasha, Midlands wrote:I know it has not happened yet but after a appeal where else can you go within Royal Mail? Don't seem to be getting much answers on here? They will defo dish something out on me after been suspended for 3 weeks now if not sacked. with having a good record I think they may reduce it to 2 year serious where I shouldn't be getting anything because of the lies...
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Gross Misconduct
employers should not assume that once they have found an employee guilty of gross misconduct, having a carried out a reasonable investigation, they are always entitled to dismiss. It is still necessary to show that the decision to dismiss falls within the band of reasonable responses. There may be mitigating factors which make dismissal unreasonable and employers should always consider matters such as long service and a previous clean disciplinary record in deciding whether dismissal is the appropriate sanction.
They should but these arsewipes don't.
they are a law unto themselves. 
They should but these arsewipes don't.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Gross Misconduct
Correct me if I'm wrong but if I was given a 2 year serious warning I can still take that to a Employment Tribunal? I know I am 100% not guilty and I now have a witness as such... Thanks for the information BTW and General Manningham...Lincox wrote:Appeal stage is the final thing you can do within Royal Mail. Your next decision is whether to take this to an employment tribunal. You should be aware that if you are going to go to tribunal then there are time constraints related to the period in which you can apply. If you have to go to appeal then I suggest that you apply for this before the Appeal is heard. It is a Royal Mail trait that they delay the appeal process for as long as possible in the hope that you will not submit a claim form to the ET and will be out of time applying. If you get a decision that goes against you, submit the claim for ET at the same time as you submit an Appeal.Natasha, Midlands wrote:I know it has not happened yet but after a appeal where else can you go within Royal Mail? Don't seem to be getting much answers on here? They will defo dish something out on me after been suspended for 3 weeks now if not sacked. with having a good record I think they may reduce it to 2 year serious where I shouldn't be getting anything because of the lies...
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Gross Misconduct
I always thought that ET was for dismissal only ?
You have not said what your rep or area rep is doing about this ? Are you in the CWU ?
If you can get a rep involved they will look into the managers prev history. You could find that he may have any number of previous harassment cases or none. This is why you need help from your rep.
As fish said don't get bogged down in smaller details but concentrate on building your case starting with your own witness.
You have not said what your rep or area rep is doing about this ? Are you in the CWU ?
If you can get a rep involved they will look into the managers prev history. You could find that he may have any number of previous harassment cases or none. This is why you need help from your rep.
As fish said don't get bogged down in smaller details but concentrate on building your case starting with your own witness.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Gross Misconduct
Nope: http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/emp ... risdiction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;krussel wrote:I always thought that ET was for dismissal only ?.
Examples:
Suffered less favourable treatment and/or dismissal as a fixed term employee, than a full time employee or, on becoming permanent, failed to receive a written statement of confirmation from employer
Failure to allow time off or pay for trade union activities or duties, learning representative duties, for public duties or ante natal care
Failure to allow time off to seek work during a redundancy situation
reference to determine the particulars that should be included in a written pay statement or an adequate pay statement
Failure of the employer to comply with a certificate of exemption or to deduct funds from employees pay in order to contribute to a trade union political fund
Failure of employer to pay or unauthorised deductions have been made
Failure to limit weekly or night working time, or to ensure rest breaks
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Natasha, Midlands
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
- Gender: Female
Re: Gross Misconduct
Am waiting for hearing date now, I am in the CWU but my rep has basically said if we save your job and I get a 2 year serious I will be fine with that, its not about a 2 year and still have a job I want it kicking out because I have 110% evidence now i done nothing wrong. They will have a hold on me that way so that's why I am asking can I still take it to ET if a 2 year is forced on me...krussel wrote:I always thought that ET was for dismissal only ?
You have not said what your rep or area rep is doing about this ? Are you in the CWU ?
If you can get a rep involved they will look into the managers prev history. You could find that he may have any number of previous harassment cases or none. This is why you need help from your rep.
As fish said don't get bogged down in smaller details but concentrate on building your case starting with your own witness.
-
thebiggestman
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Gross Misconduct
An ET is not a platform for you to re try your case, moreover to see if there were any errors in Employment rights when dismissing (or other penalty). That is we're you given a fact finding , a conduct interview and an appeal. There is where you make your mitigation and put forward your witnesses. An ET will only be interested in any discrepancies in these interviews. Equally an employer only has to have reasonable belief and the can penalise. You appear to believe they are doing a hatchet job on you, that is what I am getting from your posts. I done nothing wrong is not a defence start being honest with yourself and look at how you will counteract their evidence.Natasha, Midlands wrote: Am waiting for hearing date now, I am in the CWU but my rep has basically said if we save your job and I get a 2 year serious I will be fine with that, its not about a 2 year and still have a job I want it kicking out because I have 110% evidence now i done nothing wrong. They will have a hold on me that way so that's why I am asking can I still take it to ET if a 2 year is forced on me...
Also remember to go to an ET now costs between £900 and £1200 and the Union only take on winnable cases so you may havec to find the money
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Gross Misconduct
Natasha,
We all wish you well on this but surely it's simply a question of whether or not you can disprove the accusation of "intimidating and aggressive behaviour" when you said you would be going sick the next week.
The DOM says you were intimidating and aggressive, you say you weren't but what witnesses to the incident were there and do you have favourable statements from any such witnesses ?
We all wish you well on this but surely it's simply a question of whether or not you can disprove the accusation of "intimidating and aggressive behaviour" when you said you would be going sick the next week.
The DOM says you were intimidating and aggressive, you say you weren't but what witnesses to the incident were there and do you have favourable statements from any such witnesses ?
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Gross Misconduct
Get your witness to write a statement, DO NOT rely on RM to interview them you need to.Natasha, Midlands wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if I was given a 2 year serious warning I can still take that to a Employment Tribunal? I know I am 100% not guilty and I now have a witness as such... Thanks for the information BTW and General Manningham...Lincox wrote:Appeal stage is the final thing you can do within Royal Mail. Your next decision is whether to take this to an employment tribunal. You should be aware that if you are going to go to tribunal then there are time constraints related to the period in which you can apply. If you have to go to appeal then I suggest that you apply for this before the Appeal is heard. It is a Royal Mail trait that they delay the appeal process for as long as possible in the hope that you will not submit a claim form to the ET and will be out of time applying. If you get a decision that goes against you, submit the claim for ET at the same time as you submit an Appeal.Natasha, Midlands wrote:I know it has not happened yet but after a appeal where else can you go within Royal Mail? Don't seem to be getting much answers on here? They will defo dish something out on me after been suspended for 3 weeks now if not sacked. with having a good record I think they may reduce it to 2 year serious where I shouldn't be getting anything because of the lies...
It IS acceptable as it form part of your mitigating circumstances. I know Mitigating circumstances sounds like you're asking for fogiveness but it just forms part of the defence.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP