ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how to deal with door2doors refusal...
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
how to deal with door2doors refusal...
hi everyone!
Have to say I'm new in this job (few weeks only:) ) Today two people asked me to stop giving them those D2D. I'm not sure what is the right think to do whit these people; especially one of them, tried to explain him that I'm just doing my job, he didn't care of my argumentation...I'll try to remember him and avoid to put other junkies in his letterbox, but it can't be the right solution, I know that. I much appreciate some advice regarding this matter. Thank you very much indeed.
Have to say I'm new in this job (few weeks only:) ) Today two people asked me to stop giving them those D2D. I'm not sure what is the right think to do whit these people; especially one of them, tried to explain him that I'm just doing my job, he didn't care of my argumentation...I'll try to remember him and avoid to put other junkies in his letterbox, but it can't be the right solution, I know that. I much appreciate some advice regarding this matter. Thank you very much indeed.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
There is an official opt-out. If the person hasn't opted out then continue delivering them. If they give you grief or worse still try to intimidate you then report it to management.troubadour2012en wrote:hi everyone!
Have to say I'm new in this job (few weeks only:) ) Today two people asked me to stop giving them those D2D. I'm not sure what is the right think to do whit these people; especially one of them, tried to explain him that I'm just doing my job, he didn't care of my argumentation...I'll try to remember him and avoid to put other junkies in his letterbox, but it can't be the right solution, I know that. I much appreciate some advice regarding this matter. Thank you very much indeed.
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
thanks a lot Steve, could you please be a bit more specific about this "opt-out"?...is it a kind of form to be completed by the customers?...or, simply they have to call to the post-office in order to stop dd delivery on their door?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help- ... l-material" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wish to opt out of receiving Door to Door mail items - please either
Send us your name and address details to the address below:
Freepost RSTR-YCYS-TGLJ
Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs
Kingsmead House
Oxpens Road
OXFORD
OX1 1AA
or email your name and address to us at: optout@royalmail.com
We will then send an opt-out form to your address, which you must sign and return. We do this for security reasons - to verify that those resident at the address have requested the ‘opt out’.
Once you’ve returned this form, Royal Mail will stop delivering unaddressed items to your address within six weeks.
The opt-out will last for a period of two years from the date that we have received your opt-out form. If you wish to continue your opt-out after the two-year period you can do so by completing a new opt-out form which can be obtained by contacting us via email at optout@royalmail.com or via telephone on 01865 796964, or at the address above.
I wish to opt out of receiving Door to Door mail items - please either
Send us your name and address details to the address below:
Freepost RSTR-YCYS-TGLJ
Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs
Kingsmead House
Oxpens Road
OXFORD
OX1 1AA
or email your name and address to us at: optout@royalmail.com
We will then send an opt-out form to your address, which you must sign and return. We do this for security reasons - to verify that those resident at the address have requested the ‘opt out’.
Once you’ve returned this form, Royal Mail will stop delivering unaddressed items to your address within six weeks.
The opt-out will last for a period of two years from the date that we have received your opt-out form. If you wish to continue your opt-out after the two-year period you can do so by completing a new opt-out form which can be obtained by contacting us via email at optout@royalmail.com or via telephone on 01865 796964, or at the address above.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
troubadour2012en
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 14 Dec 2014, 13:40
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
thank you very much, trueblue! Yes, everything clear by now!
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
I would just point out that a customer can refuse to accept any mail, D2D's or letters. If they refuse them on the doorstep don't argue, just take the chite back, tell them about opt out as a solution and walk on.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
The one or two of my customers who refuse them on the doorstep always get them the next time they are not at the door!enskied wrote:I would just point out that a customer can refuse to accept any mail, D2D's or letters. If they refuse them on the doorstep don't argue, just take the chite back, tell them about opt out as a solution and walk on.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
Not guaranteed to work - I opted out with this letter 3 years back and still get them every week. Now I'm a postie I won't complain in case it gets my postie a bollocking. Just grin and bear it and destroy them every week.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help- ... l-material
I wish to opt out of receiving Door to Door mail items - please either
Send us your name and address details to the address below:
Freepost RSTR-YCYS-TGLJ
Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs
Kingsmead House
Oxpens Road
OXFORD
OX1 1AA
or email your name and address to us at: optout@royalmail.com
We will then send an opt-out form to your address, which you must sign and return. We do this for security reasons - to verify that those resident at the address have requested the ‘opt out’.
Once you’ve returned this form, Royal Mail will stop delivering unaddressed items to your address within six weeks.
The opt-out will last for a period of two years from the date that we have received your opt-out form. If you wish to continue your opt-out after the two-year period you can do so by completing a new opt-out form which can be obtained by contacting us via email at optout@royalmail.com or via telephone on 01865 796964, or at the address above.
-
swpostie
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 20 May 2009, 04:28
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
You have to renew it every two years
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
Any item refused at the door , just take it back to the office and endorse it as refused and enter it on d2d control sheet as refused.
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
I like to put more through

-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
Yeah, but I'm saying they never stopped in the first place.swpostie wrote:You have to renew it every two years
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
One house on my round had a large "NO JUNK MAIL" notice by the letter box which I always ignored.
One week he burst out of the door aggressively saying he didn't want the Door To Doors and expecting me to take them back which I didn't, politely just pointing out, from a distance, the procedure for him opting out.
He complained to Royal Mail, got a reply from Swindon presumably stating that I was correct, and he has been very pleasant to me ever since.
One week he burst out of the door aggressively saying he didn't want the Door To Doors and expecting me to take them back which I didn't, politely just pointing out, from a distance, the procedure for him opting out.
He complained to Royal Mail, got a reply from Swindon presumably stating that I was correct, and he has been very pleasant to me ever since.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
A small 'Official RM D2D opt-out in place' on a sticker on your letterbox should remind reserves/floats/newbies/duty holders if you're that bothered.bustedflush wrote:Yeah, but I'm saying they never stopped in the first place.swpostie wrote:You have to renew it every two years
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: how to deal with door2doors refusal...
I had a house with a hand written note for no junk mail but no opt out was done so he still got d2ds one day he came out swearing at me shouting cant you read among other lovely comments and he had hold of about 3 months of d2ds rolled up in his hand and then threw them at me. Reported him to manager who went out to see him but he ended up with a mouthful and had the door slammed in his face so a letter was sent to him explaining how to opt out this was 7 months ago but stillnnot heard anything from him.