ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Any senior CWU reps on here?
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Any senior CWU reps on here?
I have concerns about RM's complaints procedure that I believe needs addressing at a higher level ...I'm wondering who to speak to ...any advice is greatly recieved
My duty along with my P+L partners has unfortunately amassed a collection of complaints that my line manager says is the highest in the office ... Now my partner and myself are fairly efficient ...that's not to say we dont make the odd mistake ....we believe that a certain amount of complaints are down to the guys covering our days off during the week....
Around November time I had just short of 3 weeks off ...came backup a number of complaints that had been recieved and automatically gone down in my name as the walk holder....(managers self admission that the walkholders name gets attached to the complaint automatically when it comes into the office) some of these complaints were real petty ...postman has dropped bands on a main road (not witnessed by him btw) and he's concerned for the wildlife ...another was postman never knocked or rang the bell at a certain address ...that was me..and hand on heart I knocked and rang and despite there being a car on driveway nobody answered ... Wrote a p739 ...customer complained that I hadn't knocked and I got shafted...a black mark against my name...no matter how much I told the Lino I knocked and rang he didn't want to know ... Ironically customer replaced doorbell days later
I'm not the only postman to use this particular main road yet the bands dropped were attributed to myself and I got shafted again....
The best one was today ....my Lino rather rudely came to me this morning "OFFICE" he said ...a serious complaint recieved "AND IT WAS YOU THIS TIME,YOU WERE IN ..WASNT YOUR DAY OFF" ...a redirection failure ...a parcel had gone to old address ...new occupier refused to hand over and police are involved...
Lino says "I HAVENT A CLUE WHERE THIS ONE IS GOING,IM JUST MAKING YOU AWARE" I snapped that it wasn't me and I wouldn't miss the said parcel ...we were going around in circles till I said fine if you say I did it I must have ...
Anyway later I was fuming ...I approached him said that I was going to go to the womens house in question to retrieve the parcel and find out what's going on..
I spoke to her and she was distressed...she claimed she'd been the victim of harassment by the old occupier and indeed the police were involved ....she showed me the parcel in question....it had NO NAME on it just the ADDRESS....so I was correct...I had done nothing wrong ...she wouldn't part with the parcel but allowed me to take a picture to prove to the Lino it had no name on it
Old occupier had purposely sent this parcel to her old address then complained to police of theft ...old occupier then contacted RM to say there had been a Redirection failure
My issue is ...managers are not looking into complaints properly and finding out whether the walk holder is actually responsible...why should I have to go to the house in question to prove my innocence when this should be part of a managers investigation duty? It's took me to do what I've done to clear my own name
A Lino said to me that he was sure half the complaints were not down to me and were down to the day off guy yet management couldn't be bothered to delve into them
Now in a worse case scenario a blokes job could hinge on something like this if hd has amassed a complaints list as long as his arm...but half of them were not actually him
...
I know this is long winded but I feel it's a serious issue that needs addressing. ....managers are quite literally stitching employees up
My duty along with my P+L partners has unfortunately amassed a collection of complaints that my line manager says is the highest in the office ... Now my partner and myself are fairly efficient ...that's not to say we dont make the odd mistake ....we believe that a certain amount of complaints are down to the guys covering our days off during the week....
Around November time I had just short of 3 weeks off ...came backup a number of complaints that had been recieved and automatically gone down in my name as the walk holder....(managers self admission that the walkholders name gets attached to the complaint automatically when it comes into the office) some of these complaints were real petty ...postman has dropped bands on a main road (not witnessed by him btw) and he's concerned for the wildlife ...another was postman never knocked or rang the bell at a certain address ...that was me..and hand on heart I knocked and rang and despite there being a car on driveway nobody answered ... Wrote a p739 ...customer complained that I hadn't knocked and I got shafted...a black mark against my name...no matter how much I told the Lino I knocked and rang he didn't want to know ... Ironically customer replaced doorbell days later
I'm not the only postman to use this particular main road yet the bands dropped were attributed to myself and I got shafted again....
The best one was today ....my Lino rather rudely came to me this morning "OFFICE" he said ...a serious complaint recieved "AND IT WAS YOU THIS TIME,YOU WERE IN ..WASNT YOUR DAY OFF" ...a redirection failure ...a parcel had gone to old address ...new occupier refused to hand over and police are involved...
Lino says "I HAVENT A CLUE WHERE THIS ONE IS GOING,IM JUST MAKING YOU AWARE" I snapped that it wasn't me and I wouldn't miss the said parcel ...we were going around in circles till I said fine if you say I did it I must have ...
Anyway later I was fuming ...I approached him said that I was going to go to the womens house in question to retrieve the parcel and find out what's going on..
I spoke to her and she was distressed...she claimed she'd been the victim of harassment by the old occupier and indeed the police were involved ....she showed me the parcel in question....it had NO NAME on it just the ADDRESS....so I was correct...I had done nothing wrong ...she wouldn't part with the parcel but allowed me to take a picture to prove to the Lino it had no name on it
Old occupier had purposely sent this parcel to her old address then complained to police of theft ...old occupier then contacted RM to say there had been a Redirection failure
My issue is ...managers are not looking into complaints properly and finding out whether the walk holder is actually responsible...why should I have to go to the house in question to prove my innocence when this should be part of a managers investigation duty? It's took me to do what I've done to clear my own name
A Lino said to me that he was sure half the complaints were not down to me and were down to the day off guy yet management couldn't be bothered to delve into them
Now in a worse case scenario a blokes job could hinge on something like this if hd has amassed a complaints list as long as his arm...but half of them were not actually him
...
I know this is long winded but I feel it's a serious issue that needs addressing. ....managers are quite literally stitching employees up
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Just boils down to idleness Slave........ Are they telling you that not one of them has the time to investigate? Just another example of lazy buggers sat on their arses in the Office, not really wanting to do the job properly just prefer looking at a Computer Screen and reading the Traffic figures, Customer Complaints etc.
Imagine the amount of work you can fit into an 8 hour day...It amazes me that they've got enough to keep themselves occupied!
Imagine the amount of work you can fit into an 8 hour day...It amazes me that they've got enough to keep themselves occupied!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
My concern is though my friend that this could cost somebodies job...realisticallyDorset Plodder wrote:Just boils down to idleness Slave........ Are they telling you that not one of them has the time to investigate? Just another example of lazy buggers sat on their arses in the Office, not really wanting to do the job properly just prefer looking at a Computer Screen and reading the Traffic figures, Customer Complaints etc.![]()
Imagine the amount of work you can fit into an 8 hour day...It amazes me that they've got enough to keep themselves occupied!
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
They play football manager not actually do any work related stuff on the computer...everybody knows that. 
Last edited by General Mannerheim on 10 Jan 2015, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
In future write in brackets next to the name/address "I knocked loud twice and rang bell" Or something similar!royalmailslave wrote:customer complained that I hadn't knocked
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Was told to film myself with my phone knocking on people's doors as proof .....wtf
Why can't they judge believe me ...just for a change
Why can't they judge believe me ...just for a change
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Might be worth writing in to the Couruer and requesting a tick box on the P739's for wrang bell, chapped letterbox, chapped door, shouted through letterbox, tried door handle, tried windows, tried garage door?Bahia Feliz wrote:In future write in brackets next to the name/address "I knocked loud twice and rang bell" Or something similar!royalmailslave wrote:customer complained that I hadn't knocked
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32793
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Get your area rep involved.Most of what you have posted is total bollocks and you or your office shouldn't stand for it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
CABANA83
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 14:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Its amazing the amount of time a lino has come up to me all guns blazing with a complaint and my reply is usually 'it was my day off'
cue lino hurrying off to bollock someone else.
-
jmcg
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 15:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
contact your area rep a.s.a.p. ,this is what they are there for! good luck.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Good idea BahiaBahia Feliz wrote:In future write in brackets next to the name/address "I knocked loud twice and rang bell" Or something similar!royalmailslave wrote:customer complained that I hadn't knocked
I think the customer would have been too embarrassed to complain about that one!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
royalmailslave wrote:I have concerns about RM's complaints procedure that I believe needs addressing at a higher level ...I'm wondering who to speak to ...any advice is greatly recieved
My duty along with my P+L partners has unfortunately amassed a collection of complaints that my line manager says is the highest in the office ... Now my partner and myself are fairly efficient ...that's not to say we dont make the odd mistake ....we believe that a certain amount of complaints are down to the guys covering our days off during the week....
Around November time I had just short of 3 weeks off ...came backup a number of complaints that had been recieved and automatically gone down in my name as the walk holder....(managers self admission that the walkholders name gets attached to the complaint automatically when it comes into the office) some of these complaints were real petty ...postman has dropped bands on a main road (not witnessed by him btw) and he's concerned for the wildlife ...another was postman never knocked or rang the bell at a certain address ...that was me..and hand on heart I knocked and rang and despite there being a car on driveway nobody answered ... Wrote a p739 ...customer complained that I hadn't knocked and I got shafted...a black mark against my name...no matter how much I told the Lino I knocked and rang he didn't want to know ... Ironically customer replaced doorbell days later
I'm not the only postman to use this particular main road yet the bands dropped were attributed to myself and I got shafted again....
The best one was today ....my Lino rather rudely came to me this morning "OFFICE" he said ...a serious complaint recieved "AND IT WAS YOU THIS TIME,YOU WERE IN ..WASNT YOUR DAY OFF" ...a redirection failure ...a parcel had gone to old address ...new occupier refused to hand over and police are involved...
Lino says "I HAVENT A CLUE WHERE THIS ONE IS GOING,IM JUST MAKING YOU AWARE" I snapped that it wasn't me and I wouldn't miss the said parcel ...we were going around in circles till I said fine if you say I did it I must have ...
Anyway later I was fuming ...I approached him said that I was going to go to the womens house in question to retrieve the parcel and find out what's going on..
I spoke to her and she was distressed...she claimed she'd been the victim of harassment by the old occupier and indeed the police were involved ....she showed me the parcel in question....it had NO NAME on it just the ADDRESS....so I was correct...I had done nothing wrong ...she wouldn't part with the parcel but allowed me to take a picture to prove to the Lino it had no name on it
Old occupier had purposely sent this parcel to her old address then complained to police of theft ...old occupier then contacted RM to say there had been a Redirection failure
My issue is ...managers are not looking into complaints properly and finding out whether the walk holder is actually responsible...why should I have to go to the house in question to prove my innocence when this should be part of a managers investigation duty? It's took me to do what I've done to clear my own name
A Lino said to me that he was sure half the complaints were not down to me and were down to the day off guy yet management couldn't be bothered to delve into them
Now in a worse case scenario a blokes job could hinge on something like this if hd has amassed a complaints list as long as his arm...but half of them were not actually him
...
I know this is long winded but I feel it's a serious issue that needs addressing. ....managers are quite literally stitching employees up
I think if I was in you position I would tell the manager that if he doesn't look into complaints against me properly and speak to me with a bit of respect,ill be talking to the bullying and harassment folk.
-
FinishOnTime
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 25 Apr 2013, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
Huge pressure on line managers to show that they have "dealt" with each and every customer complaint. This always involves tagging a complaint to an individual, usually the duty holder, whether they were responsible or not.
Of course, with the many morons RM employ as managers, some will handle these issues much better than others. Always put a greivance in if you feel you have been unfairly treated.
Of course, with the many morons RM employ as managers, some will handle these issues much better than others. Always put a greivance in if you feel you have been unfairly treated.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
I have also had issues with managers just assuming that the date of the complaint is actually the date of incident... There are 2 separate boxes to fill by customer service but I do wonder whether when they take the calls, they specifically ask the customer what date did this incident happen or they just default to date of complaint.
A customer that comes in late from work and finds something to complain about might not do it (online) after 5pm or might prefer to do it at work or next day by phone or online.
Yes, this is the sort of thing that CWU should and could help monitor. We have managers coming up with stupid schemes to conduct people and seriously discipline posties on a 'three strikes basis'; some will say it has been agreed or some will not give a hoot whether it has been agreed or not by CWU.
A customer that comes in late from work and finds something to complain about might not do it (online) after 5pm or might prefer to do it at work or next day by phone or online.
Yes, this is the sort of thing that CWU should and could help monitor. We have managers coming up with stupid schemes to conduct people and seriously discipline posties on a 'three strikes basis'; some will say it has been agreed or some will not give a hoot whether it has been agreed or not by CWU.
-
elias
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 03 Apr 2014, 11:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Any senior CWU reps on here?
came backup a number of complaints that had been recieved and automatically gone down in my name as the walk holder....(managers self admission that the walkholders name gets attached to the complaint automatically when it comes into the office)
This is not the correct process - complaints do not come into the office with walkholders name automatically attached - this has to be input specifically by the manager foe each specific complaint - If it was not you on the walk on the day in question you should NOT be named as postperson responsible. Ask for copies of any future complaints that they try to put down as against you to ensure they are following the proper process.
This is not the correct process - complaints do not come into the office with walkholders name automatically attached - this has to be input specifically by the manager foe each specific complaint - If it was not you on the walk on the day in question you should NOT be named as postperson responsible. Ask for copies of any future complaints that they try to put down as against you to ensure they are following the proper process.