ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Night shift allowance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Night shift allowance

Post by Clashman »

Hi,looking for some advice,I was put on nights over Christmas and worked 2 whole weeks and then just 2 nights during Christmas weeks, am I right in thinking I should still have got the night allowance for the 2 nights during Christmas week??
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Night shift allowance

Post by pinstripe »

Were you doing the 2 nights as overtime\SA or as duty?
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Re: Night shift allowance

Post by Clashman »

As a duty,I'm a reserve
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Re: Night shift allowance

Post by dave0876 »

I worked nights over Xmas and was paid for three days night allowance for the last week as I did three night shifts before going back on my duty.so you should of got paid for two night shifts.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Night shift allowance

Post by pinstripe »

Clashman wrote:As a duty,I'm a reserve
If it was as duty you should have been paid the night allowance. I sometimes do additional nights as o/t, but there's no allowance for o/t.
Tiddler
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 21:47
Gender: Male

Re: Night shift allowance

Post by Tiddler »

Even if it's overtime/SA, if you work the required hours (which off the top of my head is 3 hours between 2300 & 0500) then you should claim an ad-hoc night shift allowance.