ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Night shift allowance
-
Clashman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28
Night shift allowance
Hi,looking for some advice,I was put on nights over Christmas and worked 2 whole weeks and then just 2 nights during Christmas weeks, am I right in thinking I should still have got the night allowance for the 2 nights during Christmas week??
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Night shift allowance
Were you doing the 2 nights as overtime\SA or as duty?
-
dave0876
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09
Re: Night shift allowance
I worked nights over Xmas and was paid for three days night allowance for the last week as I did three night shifts before going back on my duty.so you should of got paid for two night shifts.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Night shift allowance
If it was as duty you should have been paid the night allowance. I sometimes do additional nights as o/t, but there's no allowance for o/t.Clashman wrote:As a duty,I'm a reserve
-
Tiddler
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 21:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Night shift allowance
Even if it's overtime/SA, if you work the required hours (which off the top of my head is 3 hours between 2300 & 0500) then you should claim an ad-hoc night shift allowance.