ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sham81
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 05:36
Gender: Male

Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Post by sham81 »

Hi guys I walked out of my office a few weeks back because I couldn't take the crap anymore but I was wondering if I am still entitled to my remaining holiday pay? I had 2 weeks and 2 days worth of holidays remaining at the time. Any advice much appreciated.
jamie0123210
Posts: 11
Joined: 21 Oct 2008, 05:25
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Post by jamie0123210 »

you accrue your holiday pay throughout the year, so you will probably be entitled to some, you will lose a 1/4 of your total allowance due to leaving 3 months before the end of the tax year. but don't quote me on it
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Post by saddlerposty »

when you say walked out, what do mean exactly?
if you left without giving or working the required amount notice you may found they have a right to withhold any monies owing. check you contract.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sham81 wrote:Hi guys I walked out of my office a few weeks back because I couldn't take the crap anymore but I was wondering if I am still entitled to my remaining holiday pay? I had 2 weeks and 2 days worth of holidays remaining at the time. Any advice much appreciated.

Afraid not - in essence you broke your employment contract by not giving them 1 weeks notice. This means any contractual protection such as holiday pay, you were entitled to is voided because you broke the contract.

But this is only my opinion, for certainty contact ACAS or an employment lawyer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
sham81
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 05:36
Gender: Male

Re: Holiday pay after leaving royal mail

Post by sham81 »

Ok thanks for the reply guys. Yes unfortunately I did walk out and I didn't give a notice in either so I guess I'm not entitled to any remaining holiday pay then.