ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Epackets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Epackets

Post by Sir Henry »

Apparently these are a trackable first class international service from China and HK. Over the last couple of months I have noticed in the instruction box on the label something to the effect of "Royal Mail, do not sign or scan"

Is it just some dodgy vendor trying it on, hoping to claim non-delivery?

Personally, if a barcode scans, it gets scanned , if it asks for a signature, so do I.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Epackets

Post by krussel »

Not seen any. Well nothing saying "do not scan". If it has a barcode I scan it. :nana
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Epackets

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I have had loads - they get scanned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by datasaint »

I've seen it several times before, but also on a packet from Canada it reads "No delivery signature or scan", but when you scan it it comes up needing a signature.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Epackets

Post by justdeno »

I've seen loads and always scan them. I don't care what the packet says if it scans it gets scanned. :Very Happy
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by Sir Henry »

Wonder if it's worth flagging this up as attempted dodgy dealings?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Epackets

Post by clashcityrocker »

Sir Henry wrote:Wonder if it's worth flagging this up as attempted dodgy dealings?
But the recipient could also be claiming non delivery and compensation from the vendor.
Someone should ask Moya about them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by datasaint »

It's unlikely to be anything dodgy, given how many people have seen them, otherwise reports would have already come through.

I suspect it's like packets RM send out from here you can only track them whilst they are in the UK after that it doesn't show anything, so scanning them is pointless.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Epackets

Post by Spedley »

I've seen many and the only international things we have to scan are the one with a large letter R on it (except for the stupid American 'Special Deliveries'). I think China just use the same barcodes for different services, e.g. like we do with recorded and tracked items and some don't need scanning.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Epackets

Post by Darren Bent »

I noticed Australian parcels doesn't need signature (Not all of them) Please put China next on no signature recorded delivery next as I am sick of writing P739 for small tats parcels from China.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Epackets

Post by Pinky 1 »

Spedley wrote:I've seen many and the only international things we have to scan are the one with a large letter R on it (except for the stupid American 'Special Deliveries').
What about the international letters that are AR (Acknowledgement Receipt ) ?
I still scan and get a signature for these, including the accompanying card.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by plaguelift »

We've had hundreds of these packets, mostly from China. All barcodes scan and need a signature. If you notice it doesn't say "do not scan" but "do no scan". I assumed they must mean "Royal Mail delivery number (do no.) scan". Nobody in our office knows for sure, but our lino says if it scans on the pda and needs a signature, then get a signature. Seems to be packets from ebay sellers from China.
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Epackets

Post by raikky »

i read in the courier that for royal mail to be paid for delivery international itesm must be scanned. i alwasy scan
hazzeem025
Posts: 280
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by hazzeem025 »

I thought the only foreign stuff we scan comes from the phg/locker. Pretty sure all the other stuff that comes through is untrackable once it leaves the senders country? Hasn't this been flagged up on here before though and nobody could actually say one way or the other if you scan them? I don't scan them unless it comes from the PHG, the DOM told me this a while back but it seems to be a real area of confusion.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12182
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Epackets

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The system probably treats them as recorded so possibly if they do show as failed they might show as failed recordeds