ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sick pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
malcdj
Posts: 8
Joined: 02 Mar 2014, 09:46
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by malcdj »

Unfortunately, due to ongoing medical problems, I am currently on my second period of long term sickness in 12 months, I was off for two months February and March, now been off since November, is the 6 month full sick pay for one continuous period or all sickness for a 12 month period.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: sick pay

Post by rehabron »

malcdj wrote:Unfortunately, due to ongoing medical problems, I am currently on my second period of long term sickness in 12 months, I was off for two months February and March, now been off since November, is the 6 month full sick pay for one continuous period or all sickness for a 12 month period.
Regarding your posting have sent you this link.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: sick pay

Post by arnold cheshire »

rehabron wrote:
malcdj wrote:Unfortunately, due to ongoing medical problems, I am currently on my second period of long term sickness in 12 months, I was off for two months February and March, now been off since November, is the 6 month full sick pay for one continuous period or all sickness for a 12 month period.
Regarding your posting have sent you this link.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No sick pay will be paid when an employee has
been absent for a total of 12 months (with or
without pay), in any period of four years. (not even statutory sick pay ?)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: sick pay

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

arnold cheshire wrote:(not even statutory sick pay ?)
Probably

https://www.gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/eligibility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exceptions
You won’t qualify if you:

have received the maximum amount of SSP (28 weeks)
have taken 3 years or more ‘linked periods’ of sickness - where 4 or more days of sickness happen within 8 weeks of each other
are getting Statutory Maternity Pay
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: sick pay

Post by CPTNemoUK »

rehabron wrote: Regarding your posting have sent you this link.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link got a operation coming up and I've been looking for this information. Been with royal mail over a year now so that's good.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: sick pay

Post by bogstandard »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Thanks for the link got a operation coming up and I've been looking for this information. Been with royal mail over a year now so that's good.
were RM aware of your situation when you started?
might make a difference
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP