ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
banking of hrs
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
banking of hrs
Today got sent home Dom said we owed 5hrs and if we go over tomorrow we can't claim but if we get sent home again we owe more hrs. Can he do this?he also said if we can't go out tomorrow we can go in New years day to clear mail and pay back some of the hrs back lol
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: banking of hrs
this happened last time we had bad weather
dom said we all have to work over to clear backlog with no o/t paid, agreed by union!
my oppo and i said no, bit of a discussion and told we must use a rest day then and never heard anything else,
majority of rest worked some of it back!
dom said we all have to work over to clear backlog with no o/t paid, agreed by union!
my oppo and i said no, bit of a discussion and told we must use a rest day then and never heard anything else,
majority of rest worked some of it back!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: banking of hrs
In a word - depends - on the contextratchet wrote:In a word, NOterry2972 wrote: Can he do this?
If they sent you home then you owe no hours and they can't bank any, or make you work on 1 Jan.
If they gave you an option to stay indoors and work or go home and owe them hours - and you then elect to go home - then yes they can as long they explained the consequences.
Terry - can you confirm this was Halifax as if so I will alert the Area Rep.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: banking of hrs
Yes it was Halifax I will be staying in the office to make my hrs up tomorrow
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: banking of hrs
terry2972 wrote:Yes it was Halifax I will be staying in the office to make my hrs up tomorrow
Did they give you an option today.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: banking of hrs
No I was on overtime today so if we get snowed off tomorrow can I stay til my finish time?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: banking of hrs
Yes or until they give up and send you home.terry2972 wrote:No I was on overtime today so if we get snowed off tomorrow can I stay til my finish time?
Thats the difference if they say you can go but owe hours then its voluntary or stay and owe none. But if they send you home, with no other option they CANNOT bank hours. Its the voluntarily leaving early which catches most out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: banking of hrs
Regardless I doubt they could force you to work BH to make hours back
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: banking of hrs
I know I just laughed when he came out with that suggestion lol