Christmas Tips = A Real Can of Worms (for Reserves) 
Don't think there's a happy solution...... In a perfect world maybe.

Personally I don't work for tips. I've been covering loads of duties throughout the year, due to our disorganised management style. In previous years I've had some heated discussions with Posties whose duties I've covered, I'm sure you're familiar with the, "Mrs So and So gave you
MY tip, where is it"! Type of line?
I used to collect any cards stuck to doors and hand them the Duty holder......Nowadays I don't bother. Any one comes out I tell them, "I'm not your Regular Postie, he'll be back tomorrow". Some people actually know me and say, "I know your not but here's
your tip, I've already given the Regular Guy his". Which I must admit cheers me up!
Agree with Clash..Saddler perhaps your Relief is a Dick (I don't Know) but your not helping the situation. Why not talk to the guy?

Some Posties get really excited arguing over a few quid and a couple bottles of plonk....Is it because they've never received tips before? I work (elsewhere) on New Years Eve and regularly clear £300 so I'm buggered if I'm going to be going toe to toe with some tight wad over a few quid. And finally don't forget the PHG/guys in the cage/callers office (again I suppose it depends how good he is) But if he does a good job bung him some of your tips.....If you've got a crap one you'll soon find out how difficult the job gets!
