I usually go missing.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32793
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
Why is it that at this time of the year,the scumbag colleagues (thought i'd get them in-in the interest of fairness) and (insert here whatever you like remembering this is a family show) managers feel that it is their need to shake your hand and wish you a 'good one'. 
I usually go missing.
I usually go missing.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
And some of them haven't washed their hands after going to the toilet.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
Is that before or after your manager has told you are not getting your christmas bonus because you were off sick and your thick scummy colleagues are standing behind him smirking and nodding in agreementPOSTMAN wrote:Why is it that at this time of the year,the scumbag colleagues (thought i'd get them in-in the interest of fairness) and (insert here whatever you like remembering this is a family show) managers feel that it is their need to shake your hand and wish you a 'good one'.
I usually go missing.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
I get "happy Christmas to you and your family"! Most sincere.. 
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
I've just changed from Wallington to day off in the week.. My Dom is soo good has given me Christmas day as my day off. I think it was because I saved their ass by turning in last week on my days off. ... Kuzzzt Terrible cold, excuse me.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
just don't shake their hand, whats the problem
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
Must be a London fing. Up here its more of a Grunt of acknowledgement and a nod of the head.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
Reminds me of the gag where you wash your hands and leave them wet and then go up to someone and touch their arm whilst saying that you just hate it when you piss all over your hand!clashcityrocker wrote:And some of them haven't washed their hands after going to the toilet.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
While others haven't washed their hands since last December.clashcityrocker wrote:And some of them haven't washed their hands after going to the toilet.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
"Actions speak louder than words"........I don't want to be mates with the Management.
Sort out the Wages & the Overtime.....make sure the Leave is sorted then have the common decency to work the hours you're paid, doing the job you're paid to do .......Have they never heard the phrase, "Command is a lonely Task"? If you want to dump on people fine...But don't expect them to be your mates afterwards!
At times like these I take a leaf out of our youngsters book and give a "Yeah Whatever"! 
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 23 Dec 2014, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
I shake hands with some of them. Not all are bad and some are almost human! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
Do a Yosser Hughes on them and nut them. 
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
If you do decide to shake hands...watch what the other hand is up to.
Just saying.
Just saying.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
I don't shake hands with people that aren't close friends,so thats 95% of people at work ruled out.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Merry xmas/shaking peoples hands?
I don't have Friends at work...Just acquaintances!DB1100 wrote:I don't shake hands with people that aren't close friends,so thats 95% of people at work ruled out.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)