ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Puncture at home

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Puncture at home

Post by Ihatework »

Hello,
Brought the van home on saturday (we are allowed to). Just noticed the back tyre, drivers side is completely flat. Must've been a slow puncture. I know hardly anything about tyres (been driving less than a year) and my boyfriend is away on a course. I am due in tomorrow but would it be safe to drive in tomorrow morning? Its about 2 miles away. Should I call the RAC on a sunday evening? Normally I am not the driver (I'm not keen) but my partner is off sick. Help please?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Puncture at home

Post by spiderj »

Open vehicle log book,check for number for tyre fixing,call it.
Tomorrow is going to be a mental shift,mebbes.

Its what you would be expected to do on duty so same applies when retaining van.

And contact your lino earliest :)
:thumbup
I won
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Puncture at home

Post by k979aaa »

Ihatework wrote:Hello,
Brought the van home on saturday (we are allowed to). Just noticed the back tyre, drivers side is completely flat. Must've been a slow puncture. I know hardly anything about tyres (been driving less than a year) and my boyfriend is away on a course. I am due in tomorrow but would it be safe to drive in tomorrow morning? Its about 2 miles away. Should I call the RAC on a sunday evening? Normally I am not the driver (I'm not keen) but my partner is off sick. Help please?
Never drive a vehicle with a defect text your manager and let him sort it out.
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Puncture at home

Post by Ihatework »

Ok, brilliant, thanks!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Puncture at home

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Have u signed the overnight vehicle retention docs?
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Puncture at home

Post by Ihatework »

Yes, I signed them when I had passed my test. I rang the number in the log book and someone coming round in about an hour...
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Puncture at home

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

It's not something u sign when you pass the driving g assessment it's done after your dom comes out to your house to do a security risk assessment