ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Grievance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Natasha, Midlands
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
Gender: Female

Grievance

Post by Natasha, Midlands »

I'm putting in a Grievance against my manager now so what is the most likeliest thing to happen to the manager or me if they don't take my side on board?
I have definitely have got a 100% case but will this cover bully and harassment as well?
Where do I send it because I cannot go in the office as I'm suspended and how long does it take to process and will it affect my disciplinary hearing?

Thanks in advance everyone...
cuddyhung
Posts: 27
Joined: 15 Apr 2014, 17:07
Gender: Male

Re: Grievance

Post by cuddyhung »

get in touch with your area rep ,, the local ones are ok for day to day stuff but you need a bit more backing for this
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Grievance

Post by wabbithunta »

Have you tried the "Union Room" on here for advice with this problem?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Grievance

Post by arnold cheshire »

Natasha, Midlands wrote:I'm putting in a Grievance against my manager now so what is the most likeliest thing to happen to the manager or me if they don't take my side on board?
I have definitely have got a 100% case but will this cover bully and harassment as well?
Where do I send it because I cannot go in the office as I'm suspended and how long does it take to process and will it affect my disciplinary hearing?

Thanks in advance everyone...
you should have called the union branch straight away
Natasha, Midlands
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 15:46
Gender: Female

Re: Grievance

Post by Natasha, Midlands »

I cannot believe that so many people on here discuss to others about putting in grievances yet nobody seem to know how they work or what happens to DOMs if its a success?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Grievance

Post by dvbuk55 »

You'll need as much help as you can get from the union Natasha. What doesn't help is the fact you were suspended when you instituted the grievance which is not to say it's not relevant but it could look a bit of tit for tat.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Grievance

Post by k979aaa »

Natasha, Midlands wrote:I cannot believe that so many people on here discuss to others about putting in grievances yet nobody seem to know how they work or what happens to DOMs if its a success?
Well they do work but they don't get sacked but maybe moved on if you cannot contact your rep or are not happy with their service here is the numbers for the branches http://www.cwu.org/cwu-branches.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As to how they work well it is not up to me but I would line them up in a firing squad and have done with them but I don't run royal mail.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Grievance

Post by Lincox »

Natasha, Midlands wrote:I'm putting in a Grievance against my manager now so what is the most likeliest thing to happen to the manager or me if they don't take my side on board?
I have definitely have got a 100% case but will this cover bully and harassment as well?
Where do I send it because I cannot go in the office as I'm suspended and how long does it take to process and will it affect my disciplinary hearing?

Thanks in advance everyone...
Natasha, you can raise a grievance when you feel that you have been treated incorrectly or different to other members of staff as a result of say, a manager failing to comply with Royal Mail procedures. From experience whether you have a 100% solid case or not, Royal Mail will put everything in the way of you receiving fair hearings and will minimise your case to just a tiff/difference of opinion between you and the manager. Be prepared for a long haul with bags of frustration along the way.

Bullying and Harassment is a different can of worms, and before you consider this you need to be absolutely sure of your claims, your statement must be clear and concise, state what has happened to you giving dates, times and witnesses who will validate your claim, and lastly what outcome you would like from this claim.
There is also an inbuilt clause in which if the person taking the hearing has a belief that you are just being vindictive and there is no conclusive evidence offered, you may be taken down the conduct route which can result in dismissal.
Even with a pretty solid case you will find that Royal Mail will try and reduce your claim to the lesser case of grievance.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and if you are 100% behind your case and have all of the necessary Witnesses etc, do not let them slow down your claim. There are company guidelines in which each sector of a claim has to be met by. They will overrun these every time, so keep bombarding the Appointed Hearing Manager with emails to make sure it is kept on track.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Grievance

Post by aiden01 »

just like to say have own probs at moment with my health vg good advice given :thumbup