ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
You meet some right cheeky customers when out and about doing your round but this one wins hands down.. Parcel for a customer this morning rang the bell but did not hear a thing so I knocked on the door...One angry customer opens the door then kicks off at me for knocking the door...Sometimes it's hard to keep a lid on things and this was one of them,, 
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I get the sarcastic roll of the eyes if you knock a second time and they come to the door a few moments after, like you're being super impatient, when in fact we're knocking to make sure they heard.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I never ring doorbells and always knock
Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now
Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Its the only way lol that's the plan of attack from now ondave72 wrote:I never ring doorbells and always knock
Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I imagine in the year 2020 people will sue because of the noise from the early morning drones waking them up ! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Why is my radio that loud.5plusbonusball wrote:I imagine in the year 2020 people will sue because of the noise from the early morning drones waking them up !
Oh you meant the Amazon drones, not us foot sore, packet stuffed, postal drones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I always knock and ring (if they have a bell). Still get the odd person saying I never tried!
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
dave72 wrote:I never ring doorbells and always knock
Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now
I love idiots like that. Don't these morons understand? - Don't piss off the postie because it WILL come back to bite you in the arse. You WILL eventually get chance at payback.
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
......Press Bell......nothing heard..........knock on door.........door opens........."I rang the bell, but didn't hear it, so I knocked"........oh the bell does not work........same story heard a million times........what does Mr Postman do next time he has parcel
Is it so f*&king hard to either fix the bell or put a note to say it is not woking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Had a classic encounter today, parked van literally outside customers house, rang bell couple of times, knocked, posted a flat item throught the door, 739'd the bigger packet with house opposite, post 739 through, get back in van about to drive off, out comes customer hands in the air waving the 739 about claiming I didn't ring the bell ... yeah because I deliver your packet to neighbours just for kicks. 
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
old person chasing you down the street with a p739 waved above their head.
'did you not ring my bell, sonny?'
yeah, thats right. I didn't.
'did you not ring my bell, sonny?'
yeah, thats right. I didn't.
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Almost as much fun as the ones having a go because you left a card without knocking , and then you point out that you don't need to knock to deliver a underpaid charge card 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Remember those A4 size BT adverts had a least 1 person a day waving them at me complaining I hadn't knocked - we don't for BT adverts love.CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:Almost as much fun as the ones having a go because you left a card without knocking , and then you point out that you don't need to knock to deliver a underpaid charge card
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dogfood
- Posts: 388
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:16
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I think we have a bumper sticker here.Don't piss off the postie because it WILL come back to bite you in the arse.
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Once had someone moan at me for ringing the doorbell too loud !!
Tomorrow Never Knows