ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sickness clarification for part timer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

Hi, quick question. I've never been off sick before with Royal Mail.

Monday went into work but had to leave at 9.30 due to illness
Tuesday is rest day but still ill
Wednesday rest day but still ill
Thursday rest day but still ill
Friday should be in but still ill

My question is how many days is this sickness counted as and also what if I'm still ill tomorrow but fit to go back on Monday?

Also I've been with RM for over 2 years so do I get full pay?

Thanks in advance for the advice
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by enskied »

It depends on the first day.. it may not count as a sick day at all, depending upon your start time and how much of your duty you actually did, prep wise.
If so. Today friday is your first sick day.
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

I did all prep, even writing all big packets down on a card for the next person. Worked 6.30 and left at 9. I have a feeling my line manager was counting it as a day off sick. Is that right?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, quick question. I've never been off sick before with Royal Mail.

Monday went into work but had to leave at 9.30 due to illness
Tuesday is rest day but still ill
Wednesday rest day but still ill
Thursday rest day but still ill
Friday should be in but still ill

My question is how many days is this sickness counted
There are many possible answers to this it all depends on your boss.

The Monday may count as you continued as sick the next day so worst case scenario, you have been sick 5 days now (6 if you include Saturday and if you do make sure you tell them you'll be back Monday if you are) and 7 if you include Sunday.

Normal case Monday might be treated as a partial day (depending on circumstances) and that would mean 4 days to today - 5 Saturday and 6 Sunday. The partial day would still go on your record but not count towards this absence.

Best case with a very good boss, they would ignore the Monday and your days off. SO you would be down to 1 day sick today, 2 tomorrow etc.


Most likely case is the worst :sad:
mozsupportsrovers wrote:as and also what if I'm still ill tomorrow but fit to go back on Monday?
Then call in Saturday to say you'll be back Monday or they WILL count Sunday as a days sickness.
mozsupportsrovers wrote:Also I've been with RM for over 2 years so do I get full pay?
Yes.
mozsupportsrovers wrote:Thanks in advance for the advice
Thats why RMC was started :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
paulp
Posts: 36
Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by paulp »

i think monday will count as part day dosent matter how long u worked i take it u never phoned in to say ur fit for work tuesday so all days will count till u report fit to work
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

Thanks for your help.
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness clarification for part timer

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

paulp wrote:i think monday will count as part day dosent matter how long u worked i take it u never phoned in to say ur fit for work tuesday so all days will count till u report fit to work
I have been in contact with my line manager everyday. Yesterday I said I should be fit for today(Friday) but when i wasn't this morning so rang in before my start time.