ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by P739 »

You meet some right cheeky customers when out and about doing your round but this one wins hands down.. Parcel for a customer this morning rang the bell but did not hear a thing so I knocked on the door...One angry customer opens the door then kicks off at me for knocking the door...Sometimes it's hard to keep a lid on things and this was one of them,, :arrrghhh
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by datasaint »

I get the sarcastic roll of the eyes if you knock a second time and they come to the door a few moments after, like you're being super impatient, when in fact we're knocking to make sure they heard.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by dave72 »

I never ring doorbells and always knock

Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now :chuckle
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by P739 »

dave72 wrote:I never ring doorbells and always knock

Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now :chuckle
Its the only way lol that's the plan of attack from now on :nana
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I imagine in the year 2020 people will sue because of the noise from the early morning drones waking them up ! :neutral:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

5plusbonusball wrote:I imagine in the year 2020 people will sue because of the noise from the early morning drones waking them up ! :neutral:
Why is my radio that loud.

Oh you meant the Amazon drones, not us foot sore, packet stuffed, postal drones. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by lala »

I always knock and ring (if they have a bell). Still get the odd person saying I never tried!
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by castra »

dave72 wrote:I never ring doorbells and always knock

Well, one guy opened the door not saying a word and stood next to me and pressed the doorbell saying "Yes, it works" took the parcel off me and slammed the door in my face. I always knock on his door now :chuckle


I love idiots like that. Don't these morons understand? - Don't piss off the postie because it WILL come back to bite you in the arse. You WILL eventually get chance at payback. :thumbup
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Lazycarton »

......Press Bell......nothing heard..........knock on door.........door opens........."I rang the bell, but didn't hear it, so I knocked"........oh the bell does not work........same story heard a million times........what does Mr Postman do next time he has parcel :Very Happy Is it so f*&king hard to either fix the bell or put a note to say it is not woking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by datasaint »

Had a classic encounter today, parked van literally outside customers house, rang bell couple of times, knocked, posted a flat item throught the door, 739'd the bigger packet with house opposite, post 739 through, get back in van about to drive off, out comes customer hands in the air waving the 739 about claiming I didn't ring the bell ... yeah because I deliver your packet to neighbours just for kicks. :roll:
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by themailman »

old person chasing you down the street with a p739 waved above their head.

'did you not ring my bell, sonny?'

yeah, thats right. I didn't. ;liar
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

Almost as much fun as the ones having a go because you left a card without knocking , and then you point out that you don't need to knock to deliver a underpaid charge card :whistle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:Almost as much fun as the ones having a go because you left a card without knocking , and then you point out that you don't need to knock to deliver a underpaid charge card :whistle
Remember those A4 size BT adverts had a least 1 person a day waving them at me complaining I hadn't knocked - we don't for BT adverts love. :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dogfood
Posts: 388
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:16

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by dogfood »

Don't piss off the postie because it WILL come back to bite you in the arse.
I think we have a bumper sticker here.
Regal
Posts: 132
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Regal »

Once had someone moan at me for ringing the doorbell too loud !!
Tomorrow Never Knows