ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery supplement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
al6320
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2013, 10:29
Gender: Male

Delivery supplement

Post by al6320 »

I have worked as a 25 hr contract postman for over 2 years yet only get pro rato delivery supplement every week which ads up to just under £40 a month less than a full contract postman.

can I claim this back as I do exactly the same job in deliveries and prep including d2ds as any full time member but I am paid less which I feel is unfair as I have always been made to work the same hours as a full contract postie paid on overtime
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by korky »

its not paid for doing d2d's
if you do overtime, the supplement will rise too
al6320
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2013, 10:29
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by al6320 »

well it never i am still paid just under £10 a week less than full timers yet I do exactly the same hours and job as them
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

al6320 wrote:I have worked as a 25 hr contract postman for over 2 years yet only get pro rato delivery supplement every week which ads up to just under £40 a month less than a full contract postman.
If you do the same hours as a FT postman then you will get paid the same as they do. Anything different is illegal. Any overtime hours then the Delivery Supplement is included in the SSPR section that appears on your pay statement.
al6320 wrote:can I claim this back as I do
No.
al6320 wrote:exactly the same job in deliveries and prep including d2ds as any full time member but I am paid less which I feel is unfair
You are paid the same gross hourly rates up to 39 hours, any more would be illegal and unfair.

Doing D2Ds has no bearing on eligibility for the Delivery Supplement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
al6320
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2013, 10:29
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by al6320 »

I know d2ds has no bearing on it I just think its unfair I should be paid approx. £40 a month less than full timers when I am doing exactly the same hours as them
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

al6320 wrote:I know d2ds has no bearing on it I just think its unfair I should be paid approx. £40 a month less than full timers when I am doing exactly the same hours as them

Does your pay chit have SSPR on it when you do overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by korky »

you probably are getting the same if you do 14hrs extra p/w
doob
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by doob »

This hasn't been explained to death before has it?? U won't see it on the pay slip under delivery supplement but for any hours u do over your contract hours up til 39 hours u will get sspr rate which includes the extra delivery supplement so u are actually getting it so don't worry no one is being unfair to u. U are getting the same as everyone else
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by salomon »

Im on a 25hr contact as well and when I do overtime I get no extra delivery supplement, and no extra on the hourly rate.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by wannabeek »

Your hourly rate of overtime (SSPR - Standard Supplemental Pay Rate, I think) is a higher rate than a full-timer's until you hit 39hrs, then it drops back to the same level as a full-timer's. The SSPR rate you are getting includes a bit extra of the delivery supplement for every hour you do over your contracted hours.

If it isn't showing SSPR against the overtime hours you work, then you are being treated unfairly; if it does show SSPR then you are complaining about nothing - you are getting the same as the rest of us!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery supplement

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

salomon wrote:Im on a 25hr contact as well and when I do overtime I get no extra delivery supplement, and no extra on the hourly rate.


So when you do overtime nothing extra shows on the payslip at all. If something does appear what does the relevant entry (not the amount) say. This will help clear up all the confusion on both sides.

Also another way to check to make sure you are being paid the Supplement is maths

1. Add your basic pay and delivery supplement together then divide by your contracted hours.

2. Then divide your SSPR payment by the amount of hours you worked between your contracted hours and 39.

3. Check the 2 hourly rates - I would be astounded if there is any difference.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.